Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Kevin O'Hara signs on a six-month loan deal from Falkirk - CLICK

Once a very promising forward with the Bairns, O'Hara is perhaps best known for making fun on Dean Shiels' disability and getting a massive ban.

I hope he does well for us and scores a lot of goals.

After Saturday it was pretty obvious where our main problem was, so it is good to see it being addressed. We defended well on Saturday, but despite our possession, we didn't carry a huge threat up front. If this guy is any good then it could be a big signing for us.

19 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Kevin O'Hara signs on a six-month loan deal from Falkirk - CLICK

Once a very promising forward with the Bairns, O'Hara is perhaps best known for making fun on Dean Shiels' disability and getting a massive ban.

I hope he does well for us and scores a lot of goals.

much needed imo.  we are definitely lacking up front so far this season

Season 16/17 he was on loan to East Fife and coming on to a game getting a few goals but was recalled by Peter Houston to sit in the under 20s and barely get near the bench.

Should be a good signing and can play anywhere up front and hopefully comes back full of goals for our relegation fight...

I thought Gibbons played well tonight, worked hard, tried to drive forward and I thought him and Dickson did okay in the centre, we certainly lack guile and creativity in the midfield though. Interesting to see the highlights but looked like mistake by Garcia for at least one of the goals, that might be harsh as its difficult to see depth from the other end of the ground but looked like he had a swing at the cross and missed. Dobbie is a threat and with 10 goals already this season he is a class above, changed the game as first half there was nothing in it. More importantly on to Saturday. BTW what a crap crowd tonight.

I might be one of the few that thinks this but I really like watching Kieron Gibbons play. He's really cute on the ball, always wants to take it in tight spaces, always wants to take it forward. There was a moment in the first half when we were under a bit of pressure and he collected the ball inside the penalty box, got his foot on it and calmly played his way out of danger. Some other players would just leather it but he was very cool.

I know a lot of people won't trust him after his disaster against Brechin City but there's definitely a handy wee player in there.

On another note, Kevin O'Hara looks the part and I'll be keen to see more of him as the season goes on.

Agree about Gibbons. I thought he was our MOTM.

Also O'Hara offers something else we don't have. Very nippy and quite composed on the ball.

So, despite the result there was enough to be confident about. I just wish we could get a goal! Placing a lot of hope on O'Hara though.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:22, Moonglum25 said:

Ross Dunlop has signed for East Fife as far as I am aware.  We only have 2 players signed at the moment by all accounts, Mr Goals and Mark Ferry.  From what I have heard there are a number of issues at play at the moment which do not auger well for next year and will come out in the wash later on.  I would be surprised if we can attract any half decent players although I have heard that we may be signing a Stranraer centre half.

So mystic meg, tell us how this prediction went?  

It’s going to be a very tough and long season, losing too many bad goals and don’t ever look like scoring. Twice through on goal and need to make these chances count. O’Hara busy but that’s all. Disappointed in Reid, a very poor replacement for Ross Meechan and although defensively it will take time to settle by that time we could be in a 3/4 way pure relegation fight. We need more width and with Cook off form I don’t know why Duthie wasn’t on from the start. It’s early yet and a run of results could make a difference but really difficult to see it with the team in the form they are in at the moment.

Wasn’t at the game yesterday but we have no chance if we can’t score. Aside from the game against Albion Rovers (which doesn’t really count as they were so bad) our only goals in something like 8 games is an OG and a deflected Cook long ranger. It is a worry.