Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

The scuttlebutt was that we were signing Paul Paton.  So your review really has put a skip in my step this morning.  Even if Harry Paton was bumf, I'm delighted he's not Paul Paton.

Here's his goal reel from last season. The strike against Elgin City is particularly glorious.

Seems we only have half/two thirds of  a team with the competitive games starting in less than 2 weeks, I hear there is a game on Saturday the first team v a team of trialists - hopefully Bomber is there with a batch of signing forms! Minimum of another Centre Half and another forward required, but we seem light in a few areas and very light in defense.  I am sure the League have thought of it but I cant imagine there will be many at the early season cup games as July is absolutely peak holiday season in this area. 

Bomber saying in the Falkirk Herald he is looking at 3 more signings. Experienced centre half (any rumours?), a striker and one other.  I presume / hope this is in addition to the 2 loanees, whoever they may be. 

On 30/06/2018 at 10:29, beaver1 said:

Bomber saying in the Falkirk Herald he is looking at 3 more signings. Experienced centre half (any rumours?), a striker and one other.  I presume / hope this is in addition to the 2 loanees, whoever they may be. 

The sound of silence is deafening.  A week to go till our opening friendly and a bare squad. Surely there will be announcements tomorrow,

Scott Shepherd

Still no signing news but he hopes to have a couple of players in place for the Partick game next Saturday - seriously a week to go and we only have  a squad of 14 players which includes 2 keepers and 3 defenders. Pre season plans going really well then.

4 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

Still no signing news but he hopes to have a couple of players in place for the Partick game next Saturday - seriously a week to go and we only have  a squad of 14 players which includes 2 keepers and 3 defenders. Pre season plans going really well then.

Dumbarton only have 13 signed, Raith 15 (including their U20 signed players), East Fife have 14.  In the next week you'll see players who don't yet have deals start to sign up, there are a lot of out of contract players who will need to take what's on offer.  Premiership/Championship teams probably won't decide who's going on loan until after the League Cup group stage.  You'll have plenty of time to get players in and you aren't actually any different to others in the division.

Sounds like a great signing.

Same idea as the Harry Paton deal last season. Get him in for pre-season and committed to us for a year, effectively making him our player for a season.

Centre half and a striker + 1 or 2 others now needed.

Seb Ross has signed on for a season long loan for the Warriors as he continues to develop his potential.  Seb was scouted by the club towards the end of last season and identified as a key target loan signing.  He joins after an impressive season within Aberdeen’s development squad where he scored 12 goals and was named the Don’s U20 Player of the Year. The 18 year old attacking midfielder has also played for Scotland at youth level. Seb will continue to train with Aberdeen Monday to Wednesday before travelling down to Ochilview for Thursday evening sessions and weekend games.

like the sound of this