Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denny Johnstone to us on a season long loan from Birmingham, only saw him twice and he looked good. But those who have saw him more, think he will do well in the league below?

Good player and I think he'll do well with Morton, Celtic really didn't want him to leave last summer but he thought he would have a better chance of first team with Birmingham.

Good player and I think he'll do well with Morton, Celtic really didn't want him to leave last summer but he thought he would have a better chance of first team with Birmingham.

Thanks, mate. Looking forward to seeing him in a different colour of hoops! :P

We don't need him anyway, we're doing all right in the right back position. :lol:

As well as Liverpool, Arsenal are supposed to be tracking him too.....I highly doubt he'll be pulling on the Hoops as much as I would like to believe this story. :lol:

He has been known to attend the odd Celtic game in the Champions League. I'm sure I read he'd grown up a Dortmund fan, so I don't know where the soft spot for Celtic came from.

Some Dortmund fans have a soft spot for Celtic due the Paul Lambert and Murdo MacLeod connection. Also Hamburg being one of their traditional rivals fans have a good relationship with Rangers, so in part reaction to that.

It's not unusual for players to visit other teams in Europe to take in Champions league games as they are all usually playing during the weekends so its often the only chance they get to go to watch games. Newspapers just like to turn it into something more than it is.

Stokes has reportedly been told he's not needed and can leave. Not really surprising, given even Scepovic is ahead of him in the ST order

• 2 weeks later...

I see we are linked again with that Brandon Mechele today. Given that we have known that Van Dijk is wanting away for about a year now, the sooner we get someone in to learn off him the better and familairise with others in the back four. I can just see us punting Van Dijk in the last minute with little in the way of a replacement, which will give me the fear at any level in Europe we may be in.

Rumours doing the rounds of Denayer coming back to Celtic for another year long loan.

I'd bite their hand off

Also there's rumours of Hooper coming back, although not so sure about that. He'd probably be a good enough player mind you

I'd bite their hand off

Also there's rumours of Hooper coming back, although not so sure about that. He'd probably be a good enough player mind you

Definitely mate, would be fantastic if we could bring him back for another year.

Aye, seen a bit of that earlier, though I think this is about the fifth time we've been linked with Hooper since he left. I was a fan of Hooper all the same, so I would be pleased to see him return if there is any truth in the story.

If Celtic could sell Van Dijk for £10m and bring in Denayer on loan for a season they would be absolutely laughing.

Shit yeah, sounds good to me! If they could actually buy Denayer it would be even better but I'd take another loan.

Not fussed on Hooper coming back, not sure we need him. Left Back and a playmaker is what we need. Emilio is too casual in defense and his final ball is rubbish 90% of the time. Commons is the best playmaker in the country by far but is becoming unreliable through injury. Hopefully Scott Allan can in time fill Kris' boots but not sure if he's quite ready at the moment, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Archived