Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

Van Dijk's been pictured going through departures this morning. Southampton the most likely?

He was pictured going through the departures gate at Glasgow yesterday. Wonder where he went then...

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely cant believe youre getting £11.5m for him

If the figure is true then you really have to credit Celtics negotiating team.

The guy stands out in Scotland and clearly has talent, but from his European performances he is very hit and miss and has a lot to improve on.

Suppose when you see guys like Fabio Borini moving for £10m it's not too bad from Southampton's point of view.

Quite surprised at the £5.5m price tag on Simunovic, quite a lot for a 21 year old. And I'll be surprised if we were to make much money when selling him on. Slight departure from that Celtic are used to doing but I'm glad to see that they are taking the steps needed to enhance the squad. I wouldnt mind another striker but I'll be happy with the defensive signings if and when Simunovic puts pen to paper.

Genuinely cant believe youre getting £11.5m for him

Can't quite believe it myself! But if we can use most of the money investing it in new players who want to be here and can improve us then perfect!

No doubt VVD's old club Groningen will be due 10% or so of the fee.

Does this make Celtic Southampton's feeder club?

I was wondering if there's an official tie-in now...

Maybe Southampton will agree to play the green bigots in a pre-season friendly, and loan them a few Under 19s to play for them when they want to see if they will be ready for the step up?

Archived