Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit, I'm not entirely convinced myself about his signing. I'm willing to give him a chance though

I haven't really seen that much of him to be honest, (wasn't fortunate enough to see him for 45 mins in a meaningless friendly a year ago like your man from Dundee), so I can't really say one way or the other about whether I think he'll be a good signing or not, but the fact we seemed to have swooped in here early, very early by our past standards, says to me that Deila sees something he really likes, but like you say, we've got to give him a chance.

Erik Johansson from Malmö apparently a target. If we get another CB I guess that means Virgil's definitely off :(

I've heard RD say that no one's going anywhere until after the CL QLs. Is that still likely?

Also, what d'ya reckon Virgil is worth? Must be approaching Wanyama levels imo?!

I've heard RD say that no one's going anywhere until after the CL QLs. Is that still likely?

Also, what d'ya reckon Virgil is worth? Must be approaching Wanyama levels imo?!

6-8 IMO.

I still think he'll be here for the qualifiers and leave right after that - I'm guessing we'll ask for 10 and get 8

Spot on.

How some transfer values are conceived is a mystery to me.....£12.5m for Victor? Delighted to take it but would we really have said "On your bike...." to a bid of £8.5m??

I suppose to EPL clubs £4m is just like a tip or a service charge.

Will happily take the same again for Virgil but worry that values sometimes drop the longer your here........at one point both Izaguirre and Kayal were being talked about as EPL targets in the £5m - £10m range.

One relatively bad injury later and none of my pals rate Emilio and now say he's our weakest link despite playing more league games this season than anyone but Virgil....whilst Kayal goes free to Championship??

Erik Johansson from Malmö apparently a target. If we get another CB I guess that means Virgil's definitely off :(

Was always going to happen anyway mate.

I don't think we'll get anything near the 12 or 13 million we got for Wanyama, but I would be very surprised were he to leave for anything less than 8 million.

I still think he'll be here for the qualifiers and leave right after that - I'm guessing we'll ask for 10 and get 8

If he helps get you into the group stages that'll be a great bit of business. Frustrating at losing your best players of course.

Was always going to happen anyway mate.

I don't think we'll get anything near the 12 or 13 million we got for Wanyama, but I would be very surprised were he to leave for anything less than 8 million.

My mistake, I thought Wanyama left for 10M.

My mistake, I thought Wanyama left for 10M.

Was sure it was for the 12/13 million mark, but you had me doubting myself there ha, so after a quick Google, aye 12.5 million pound, plus 10% of his next fee apparently. Not bad going for a guy who cost 900k.

Motherwell today signed Joe Chalmers after his release from Celtic.

Whats your thoughts fellow targets of the hatred of the Sevco minions....??

Too slow for a full back, which is the position he's played the most. Except for that ok but nothing more, could possibly make it at Motherwell with some time and patience

Motherwell today signed Joe Chalmers after his release from Celtic.

Whats your thoughts fellow targets of the hatred of the Sevco minions....??

Great left foot but his severe lack of pace will hurt him playing full back regularly at first team level, always thought with his height the long term position for him will probably be centre back.

Archived