Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

Kazim Richards has spent and done decent enough in most of his career in much better leagues than Scotland. There's no reason why he won't find the SPFL a piss in the park so a bit bemused you find the signing so ludicrous.

I think giving a guy with such baggage a two and half year deal pretty ludicrous personally. Could end up getting paid off early ala Balde, Bangura etc.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think giving a guy with such baggage a two and half year deal pretty ludicrous personally. Could end up getting paid off early ala Balde, Bangura etc.

I think your over stating his baggage TBH.

In average leagues Balde and Bangura were average then, here and now.

He had one very decent loan spell at Feyenoord.

Let's not go making out he's a fantastic talent.

40 odd caps for a more than decent Turkey side. It's clear he has ability, the only questions are about his mentality.

40 odd caps for a more than decent Turkey side. It's clear he has ability, the only questions are about his mentality.

Didn't realise he had got so many caps, after a quick look 2 goals in 37 games would sound like a decent return for an Andorran stiker or the like. Im guessing we see him as a good outlet in Europe when we are under the cosh. I just think we could easily have got him on loan first as a tester.

Eh. No. There are very glaring questions about his current ability.

2 appearances and 0 goals since 2011.

Carlton Cole has england caps if you go back far enough.

It's not often I say it about players, but in Jamie Lindsay you've got an absolute gem of a player. I'd be hugely surprised if he wasn't playing in the Premiership - either for you lot or on loan somewhere - next season.

We'll keep him if you're not interested though.

• 4 weeks later...

Any Celtic fans have any idea what their clubs plans for Darnell Fisher are?

Seemingly hes rated by the coaches at you lot, but is also considered an easy wage to get off the bill to help fund a bit of a splurge this Summer..

Any Celtic fans have any idea what their clubs plans for Darnell Fisher are?

Seemingly hes rated by the coaches at you lot, but is also considered an easy wage to get off the bill to help fund a bit of a splurge this Summer..

Forgot about him til he scored that goal tbh. Was getting quite a bit of game time when he first broke through but that quickly dried up. Lustig is obviously the first choice there but he's been poor this season - maybe injuries catching up. After him there's only Janko really who's also struggled to stay fit so I'd be surprised if we didn't keep him on the books tbh. Not sure what his contract situation is but I'm sure it extends beyond the summer at least

Was under the impression his contract expired this Summer?

It does. I think we'll consider offering him a new one though. Lustig is not as good as he was and Janko spent most of this season injured. I'm guessing he'll spend pre-season with us and then we'll evaluate. It would probably also depend on whether we get anyone else in.

It does. I think we'll consider offering him a new one though. Lustig is not as good as he was and Janko spent most of this season injured. I'm guessing he'll spend pre-season with us and then we'll evaluate. It would probably also depend on whether we get anyone else in.

Shows you what I know. I was thinking he got an extension after his run of games

Always when Celtic send youngsters out on loan in last twelve months of their deal we protect ourselves by having an option to extend the contract by a year or two on the players return, there is also a possibility that his deal was already extended before he went to the Saints and the club just have never announced it, that has happened a fair number of times over the last few years with youngsters going on loan.

Always when Celtic send youngsters out on loan in last twelve months of their deal we protect ourselves by having an option to extend the contract by a year or two on the players return, there is also a possibility that his deal was already extended before he went to the Saints and the club just have never announced it, that has happened a fair number of times over the last few years with youngsters going on loan.

Our managers in the news today saying he has another year on his deal with Celtic but we'll speak to the player in the Summer. Not sure if he's been slightly misquoted and meant to say an option of another year though.

Our managers in the news today saying he has another year on his deal with Celtic but we'll speak to the player in the Summer. Not sure if he's been slightly misquoted and meant to say an option of another year though.

What happened last summer with Jackson Irvine was that we used our option, he spent pre-season with us and then we let him go to Ross County. Same with McGeouch to Hibs. 

Archived