The Affair

Ira Gaines

New show has started on Showtime. About an affair and it's implications. We're not entirely sure on the implications at the start, but we DO know that something untowards has happened.

It's another slow burner, and this time it's one I'm not sure of after a couple of episodes. There's just about enough to keep me waiting for the next episode, but it really needs to get a move on.

• 4 weeks later...

Onto episode seven now, and this is a cracking bit of TV. Everything's really starting to come to a head now with revelations and twists coming thick and fast. Still no news on when this is hitting the UK, but seeing as it's been renewed, I'd imagine someone will pick it up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Felt the first 3 episodes were a bit meh but the 4th was fantastic.  The episodes were they basically go over the same day but with the 2 view points is fantastic.  Looking forward to next weeks after that final scene!

• 1 month later...

Was all ready to watch this last night before realising that last weeks episode was the series finale. What a dull season.  Literally only one of the 4 main characters (not including the French woman) had anything happen in the final few episodes.  Cole and Alison? I presume the next season will focus on them more but was seriously disappointed by it this season.

Brendan Fraser was the only saving grace of the season

and even then that turned out to be Noah hallucinating.  Biggest question I have - how did Noah go from bat-shit mental and having a breakdown in episode 9 to wandering around Paris and having a great time in episode 10?

:lol: 

Archived