Viva Waverley

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took in Salters final yesterday against Roslin and you would never have thought that Roslin won the league. Absolutely unreal second half display from Salters and they are by far and away in my opinion the best side the East has to offer on a Sunday.

Never seen the game but (Sunday) salters are a very committed and hard working side. Some unfortunate results this season but on there day they'll beat anyone in there league.

See Robbo got another 4 goals, standard! Also got player of the year for leafa!

Somebody's got it in for the Waverley, salters have been superb in the cups this season but let there selfs down in the league which in my book is the 1 you want to win. Rumour has it, the wave are heading to the Saturday league

Can't really justify finishing 4th in the league. All I hear is the talk about Robertson or Drew for the salters. The facts this season are there to see, Paul Milligan plays the salters win, if he doesn't they drop points. Salters, Waverley, roslin, lothian and even gilmerton can all beat each other on there day.

Cant justify 4th? Lets be fair Salters won back to back leagues Division 1 and premier 2 they had a bad spell in the league like all teams do and people hammer them for it even tho they won a treble? They also hammered the league winners yesterday aswell and ofcourse they can all beat eachother on there day im sure lothian beat salters twice in the league doesnt mean fuckall tho cause lothian won nothing and Salters won 3 cups ...

The salters have never won a premier title in the leafa's mate. Who's actually hammering the salters here? Some forum joker keeps on hammering the Waverley who have made this league a better league along with rosewell and lothian this season. Lot of hate towards a team who don't have anyone on here to defend them

They won premier division 2 mate lol and they went unbeaten in it i suggest you go on the leafa page and see for yourself also they would have went to premier 1 but the leagues changed it to west and east leagues instead of division 1 prem 2 and prem 1 but tbh Rosewell never made it better they finished like 6th 7th did they not? Lothian made it a better league along with Waverley but tbh i think Waverley bit themselves in the bum there fb page all season was "champagne on ice" when they win the league ect they were flying come christmas but fucked it all up and people go on about Salters having a bad patch? Waverley played 10 and won 10 at christmas and were cruising to the league title then chucked it 3rd season as a team and they have won nothing maybe they can go 1 better next season and tbh mate its pie and bovril people are on the wind up 24/7

Salters won Premier Division 2 title undefeated last year.

We have had our worst ever league season. Played rubbish and suffered injuries to key players over a period that we had to play RDV, Lothian and Wave. Since we have got all the players back fit we have won every game we have played including Waverley twice, RDV twice, Salvesen, Rosewell and Armadale.

No excuses from us though the league table never lies and you finish where you deserve to be.

Everyone fit and a couple of very good players already lined up for next season where we hope to compete for everything in LEAFA.

Salters record since 2011:

EADSAFA Premier Division - 2011

EADSAFA Association Cup - 2011

EADSAFA Association Cup - 2012

LEAFA Division 1 - 2013

LEAFA Presidents Cup - 2013

LEAFA Premier Division 2 - 2014

LEAFA League Cup - 2015

LEAFA Holyrood Cup - 2015

LEAFA Presidents Cup - 2015

Call it what you want but last years league title was the 2nd tier. I would never take anything away from salters or roslin, they've been there and done it.

The Facebook pages I read are cringey and tend not to take much notice on them

Got to agree with skint clint to an extent, the league is the one you want!! Salters have done fantastic to win the treble and well done to them but if they could trade two of the cups for the league surely they would! Bread and butter, cups are add ons!!

Maybe... But considering we were dead and buried at Xmas time, out of the league and with tough cup draws against the other top teams, to beat RDV twice, Wave twice and win the cup treble... I don't think I would change that. In fact I defo wouldn't.

Those cup finals where amazing days for us... Absolutely amazing! The boys are high as kites.

If only we had competed better during that period when we lost 4 league games close together... Injures and just playing crap cost us dearly and RDV were deserving winners.

Least you still have a job filling up the water bottles then

Somebody's got it in for the Waverley, salters have been superb in the cups this season but let there selfs down in the league which in my book is the 1 you want to win. Rumour has it, the wave are heading to the Saturday league

Archived