Sports Direct FC v Hibs/Hibs v Sports Direct FC

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs have no bottle end of. They should sack Stubbs

Definitely not. Stubbs has done well to assemble the team as he has this season. Fair enough they couldn't get over the line at the end but I reckon if they can keep their best players and make a couple more additions they'll win promotion straight up next season.

First time at Easter road today, shame that the first goal came about 80 mins too late but Hibs were just too slow all over the park. No urgency.

Although I wasn't even born in the 1980s, despite not getting over the line and winning anything Hearts certainly challenged for honours and were in the mix several times. Over the past five years or so Hibs have simply gone from being bottom six fodder in the top flight to scrambling for relevance in the second tier.

There's no comparison.

I was thinking of their regular trips to finals and semi-finals before bottling it. Very similar to Hearts in the '80s. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

This is the grim reality of life in the second tier when a Raith Rovers fans feels like he can have a go at Hibs' recent record. Your definition of bottling it is about as bad the the Rangers fan saying 1-0 doesn't count as a win.

What would you call the cup final defeats, semi-final defeats, and play-off defeats. All just bad luck?

What would you call the cup final defeats, semi-final defeats, and play-off defeats. All just bad luck?

I was laughing at your example of hitting the woodwork 3 times against Raith Rovers ( :lol: ) as a footnote in a post about bottling it.

No laughing matter for the creditors of Ukios Bankas who took on Chris Robinson's £18m bank debt and were saddled with a £30m black hole. Hearts, juiced club that should have died like Rangers FC.

b57ff78210fd5626f23dd81f1037b4eb.jpg

What are your thoughts on the debt Hibs recently bumped from the Bank of Scotland and further back, all those creditors in the early '90s? Can you also explain to me how, when Hearts won the cup in 1998 and in 2012, we had to beat clubs with far superior resources to ourselves along the way?

Shame it took next to no time whatsoever for Hearts to utterly shite on the "YOU WON'T LIKE IT WHEN YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS" spiel we were constantly fed from the Docksiders over the past couple of years. :lol:

I was thinking of their regular trips to finals and semi-finals before bottling it. Very similar to Hearts in the '80s. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Yes, except Hearts were still a good side in those days: regularly competing near the top of the table and qualifying for Europe. Indeed, they were close to reaching a UEFA Cup semi in 1989.

Hibs, on the other hand, are just pish. What they are blowing is relegation/promotion play-offs.

:lol:

No, to your credit you won the league with a side within your budget. First Hearts team since Mercer's days who were not juiced.

And last seasons kiddies side of course, who pumped you four times and contributed greatly to your humiliating relegation that you still haven't recovered from.

Gutted for you.

Some response by Elixir starting off accusing Pete's Frontier of crying and then spending what must have taken a reasonable while compiling that little beauty of a post.

^^^ scrambling for relevance

Some response by Elixir starting off accusing Pete's Frontier of crying and then spending what must have taken a reasonable while compiling that little beauty of a post.

He's right, though! :)

Definitely not. Stubbs has done well to assemble the team as he has this season. Fair enough they couldn't get over the line at the end but I reckon if they can keep their best players and make a couple more additions they'll win promotion straight up next season.

First time at Easter road today, shame that the first goal came about 80 mins too late but Hibs were just too slow all over the park. No urgency.

Can't see him being sacked. Uncle Terry is still on gardening leave.

But, he's done 'OK' in the second tier while labouring against half the teams in it. Not good enough. I find it difficult to believe he'll assemble a better team for next season and even if they do make it up - they're bound to faves for the play-offs/ relegation again.

Archived