Sports Direct FC v Hibs/Hibs v Sports Direct FC

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about it, I would like to thank Hearts, Hibs and Queen of the South, in fact any team who went out and exposed McCoist for the terrible football manager he was, if they had not tried so hard then McCoist would have still been our manager today and we would have been knocked out by now....cheers

I can't agree more. Most knew he was incapable after the first two seasons he was in charge.

Not only the improved individual performances but as a team they have improved so much. Also he should be given credit especially in the last to matches for his team and formation selection and as important his timing of the substitutions and the change of formation that came with them. Regardless if Motherwell win the tie McCalls impact is there for everyone to see. No offence to Ally but as a head coach/manager he wasn't good enough.

Explain why you think they bottled it and tell what they could have done differently so that they would be not classed as 'bottlers'?

you can see why the bottler tag is used tbh

played rangers 7 times now this season, and arguable won the 3 least important while losing the rest (im including today as a loss given they couldnt claw back the 2 goal deficit)

when they destroyed us at easter road in the 4-0 game, it could have been more than 4, in the 2 legs in the playoffs hibs havent forced bell into 4 meaningful saves let alone scored 4 goals

you can see why the bottler tag is used tbh

played rangers 7 times now this season, and arguable won the 3 least important while losing the rest (im including today as a loss given they couldnt claw back the 2 goal deficit)

when they destroyed us at easter road in the 4-0 game, it could have been more than 4, in the 2 legs in the playoffs hibs havent forced bell into 4 meaningful saves let alone scored 4 goals

I'm sorry but to back your point you can't count a 1-0 win as a loss!!!! Lol!

Every game was important.

Hibs never feared (bottled it)Rangers in any of the games as their performance and results confirm. In the games they lost apart from possibly 2-0 defeat at Easter Road I firmly believe they played well and in many ways out passed Rangers but they never took their chances. End off. Bottled it absolutely not.

Can you imagine being a Hibs fan? They always bottle it. They are like Hearts from the '80s. Great until it comes to the crunch. Then they shite their pants.

Although I wasn't even born in the 1980s, despite not getting over the line and winning anything Hearts certainly challenged for honours and were in the mix several times. Over the past five years or so Hibs have simply gone from being bottom six fodder in the top flight to scrambling for relevance in the second tier.

There's no comparison.

1986 was a pretty big f**k up for you tbh.

Uh-huh: but still finished 2nd in a highly competitive top flight, thus qualifying for Europe.

True, but it's little consolation really and given the context of 50% of the posts on this thread are calling Hibs bottlers, 1986 for Hearts was worse than anything Hibs have done recently.

Highly debatable but irrelevant now anyway. Hearts have long since shifted the "bridesmaid" tag.

I don't think Hibs 'bottled it'. They just didn't take their chances in both matches. Professional players don't really bottle it ! Hibs I thought played well but as I said didn't take their chances.

Call it what you will. They do not do the business when it comes to the crunch. They won the first three league games. They get to semi-finals and finals they just don't have what it takes to win crunch games.

When we beat them at Starks recently they hit the post twice and the bar once. They made loads of chances but were really wasteful in front of goal. So I believe that's also an issue for them.

When we beat them at Starks recently they hit the post twice and the bar once.

This is the grim reality of life in the second tier when a Raith Rovers fans feels like he can have a go at Hibs' recent record. Your definition of bottling it is about as bad the the Rangers fan saying 1-0 doesn't count as a win.

You said there's no comparison. It's not highly debatable, it was a massive f**k up they'll probably never get the chance to remedy again.

Figure of speech, champ. In reality, failing to win the league is nowhere near as disastrous as Hibs blowing a two-goal lead, thus leading to the most humiliating relegation of all time last season.

Archived