Sports Direct FC v Hibs/Hibs v Sports Direct FC

wonder how much hibs lost in revenue today with half a stand empty cause petrie wouldnt sell it all to rangers fans

anyway, utterly dreadful game, especially from our perspective, we clearly came with the plan of simply shutting hibs out, starting with what i can only describe as either a 3-6-1 or a 5-4-1 is fucking ridiculous but needs be

hibs are absolutely shite, no harm to their fans but they really are, most of the 2 legs played in rangers half and you get 1 goal, queens scored more against us ffs

mind you we arent much better, nicky law stole a football career off of someone, thats the only way i can think of that he got his career

ah f**k it, 4 down 2 to go

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sell all yer tickets , you couldnae sell aw yer tickets

Erm, as shan a crowd as it was, Sevco didn't sellout Ibrokes once this season: including your two recent play-off matches.

What a disaster for you.

While I entirely agree that Hibs wouldn't have scored anyway - their failure today has nothing to do with the referee and everything to do with being dreadful - referees not correctly adding time on for stoppages within stoppage time is a pet hate of mine. Scoring a goal absolutely means you add extra time on.

If there are five minutes of added time then there is a stoppage of 30 seconds between the goal being scored and kick off, that means when you get to 95:00 the ball has only been in play for four minutes and 30 seconds (not including throws, goal kicks etc). That means, to cover the five minutes added on for stoppages, you need to make up that 30 seconds and play to 95:30. That's why stoppage time is announced as 'a minimum of', so referees who possess the skill of basic arithmetic can add the required time on for further stoppages in stoppage time.

Hibs had the ball on the centre spot in seconds regardless on average in a pro match the ball is actually only in play for approx 60 mins due to the ball out of play. Ref's don't add on. approx 15 mins each half.

Gotta say, I kinda agree.

Is stoppage time meant to be added for goals? Is it not just a question of the ball going out of play, like at other stages?

It's really for injuries and substitutions, is it not?

Yes that's right you can add time wasting etc. maybe Dunning1874 will not be so upset in the future. Tbf not many appreciate that the ball is only in play for approx 60 mins. So it's costing some fans £1 every 3 mins! So yes fans have the right of speech!

Major advantage if Sevco win against Motherwell and get promoted = the worst patter on this forum goes up with them

Aye looks like we'll still be stuck with mhonkey if we go up

On my way to ibrox to get my ticket for thursday.

Btw Radio Scotland .....Actual tears.

Can you imagine being a Hibs fan? They always bottle it. They are like Hearts from the '80s. Great until it comes to the crunch. Then they shite their pants.

For me, this is already a forgone conclusion. Rangers are dire and we are a far better team. Me and a mate are already making predictions for the Hibs Motherwell tie.

Rangers have a few decent players in Law and that loanee from Newcastle. However, neither would get in our first 11. Law would be seen as back-up to Robertson and the Newcastle chap would be seen as back-up to the likes of Scotty Allan and McGeough. I couldn't be more confident.

Sound.

Can you imagine being a Hibs fan? They always bottle it. They are like Hearts from the '80s. Great until it comes to the crunch. Then they shite their pants.

I don't think Hibs 'bottled it'. They just didn't take their chances in both matches. Professional players don't really bottle it ! Hibs I thought played well but as I said didn't take their chances.

It's pretty sad to see that every team that Rangers beat gets accused of bottling it. I thought in the last two games, Hibs just didn't look good enough. That's all.

We don't win games, other teams lose them.

Hibs have looked poor every time I've seen them this season. They still managed to finish second purely down to having better players, but they are clearly not getting the best out of them. Why are they still playing this diamond in midfield which leaves them crying out for width? On top of that, it makes the middle more congested so Scott Allan is crowded out the game and ends up playing far too deep just so he can get the ball. It also means the full-backs get a lot of the ball going forward, and Lewis Stevenson isn't very good, so this doesn't help them.

Jason Cummings is that guy who everyone had in their football team when they were a kid, that guy who misses a load of chances all game, does nothing and then when he finally scores one he thinks he's a hero. He's terrible, although probably still less terrible than their other strikers.

They should be playing a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Fyvie and Craig sitting, Allan in behind the striker and McGeouch and another out wide. Hibs fans have obviously mellowed - understandable given the constant humiliation they've endured - if they are applauding the team off the park today and don't seem too upset. This season has been a total failure for them in both league and cup.

Hibs have no bottle end of. They should sack Stubbs

Explain why you think they bottled it and tell what they could have done differently so that they would be not classed as 'bottlers'?

Archived