Sports Direct FC v Hibs/Hibs v Sports Direct FC

Good to know you set your sights high. It's the Champs FFS! You lost to the worst 'Rangers' team in years and were miles behind a Hearts team just out of admin and whose average age at some games was circa 21. You struggled against Falkirk and QotS.

Do you really think you'll do better next season against Motherwell/Sevco, QotS,Falkirk and St Mirren? Not to mention a better Livi?

Hibs is not that much bigger of a club than Falkirk and Queen of the South to demand to stroll them on every occasion. That Hearts were far away was due to their impressive consistency against smaller opposition rather than our failure, which is indicated that the amount of points we ended up with was not all that bad and would have gotten us in or near first place in other seasons. Even the worst Rangers in team in ages is always going to be very strong competition for any non-Old Firm team. That is just the way Scottish football is organized. The gap in resources between those two and the rest is massive.

I don't think we will do better necessarily next year. That is not my point. I was saying this season was not all that bad.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You finished above them in the league. You should be beating them over two legs. You bottled it. Again.

That was more due to their failure though. The conclusion that Hibs fucked up this season because they succumbed under pressure in big games is not what has been our biggest problem. This was our lack of consistency against smaller opposition. To say that we bottled it suggests that we were massive favorites and lost because we could not get our shit together, which is not very accurate.

Scoring a goal doesn't mean you add extra minutes on. Gawd the ref didn't lose it for Hibs. Hibs not taking the chances lost it nothing else!

While I entirely agree that Hibs wouldn't have scored anyway - their failure today has nothing to do with the referee and everything to do with being dreadful - referees not correctly adding time on for stoppages within stoppage time is a pet hate of mine. Scoring a goal absolutely means you add extra time on.

If there are five minutes of added time then there is a stoppage of 30 seconds between the goal being scored and kick off, that means when you get to 95:00 the ball has only been in play for four minutes and 30 seconds (not including throws, goal kicks etc). That means, to cover the five minutes added on for stoppages, you need to make up that 30 seconds and play to 95:30. That's why stoppage time is announced as 'a minimum of', so referees who possess the skill of basic arithmetic can add the required time on for further stoppages in stoppage time.

I dread to think what would have happened of Kenny or ally were still in charge, wee Stuart has worked miracles in getting that team playing again.

What hes done is give us some backbone and spirit. he also has the likes of Shiels, Law and Murdoch working their socks off.

Great trolling... themselves out of money.

They obviously took a view that there's more to life than money and went for an option that they felt might give them an edge.

Didn't quite work out for them but worth a try.

On my way to ibrox to get my ticket for thursday.

Btw Radio Scotland .....Actual tears.

Turned it on after the match, Tom English is fair going through the Kleenex.

Those fans...

Inside The SPFL @AgentScotland 44 mins44 minutes ago

To hear almost everyone of the 1500 strong Rangers fans continually chant "****** b*****ds" in 2015 is just utterly depressing

May the best team achieve top flight status. But this is the problem, I cannot stand the baggage that Sevco bring with them. Its moronic, bigoted shite and when I hear that stuff I just wish they would die, properly.

Archived