Sports Direct FC v Hibs/Hibs v Sports Direct FC

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyways, notes from last night.

Was surprised to hear Vuckic getting MOTM, thought it could've went to Murdoch who's a cracking wee player, Shiels had a good game also.

Nicky Clark ran Paul Hanlon ragged I thought, couldn't get near him. Miller showed glimpses of his old self in terms of his intelligence.

Lee Wallace should've got out of Rangers when the rest did as he could've been on his way to 50+ Scotland caps.

Stevenson was poor, as was Robertson who was lucky to not get booked when he took out Miller after he ripped the pish out of Hanlon.

David Gray isn't fit, end of.

Scott Allan was trying too hard, needs to sort out his set pieces because this 'floating' them in pish doesn't work as the 13/14 corners we had last night without Bell having to make a save showed.

Malonga was impressive in terms of his work rate, showing a willingness to track back and close down. Also held the ball up well but his finishing/decision making was poor.

We need to target Zaliukas if we're to have any luck because he is utter horseshit.

Cummings was dreadful, he lacks intelligence in terms of his outside the box work, far too easy to figure out what he's going to do which is why Wallace & McGregor especially got so much luck against him.

Stubbs got it wrong, not having any other back up centre backs really hurts us when one is injured as we're a much much better side playing 3-5-2, his lack is substitutions was baffling considering Malonga & Cummings could be there now and still not have scored.

It's only half time and we've shown this season we can win comfortably against rangers so there's no reason why we can't do it again because I don't think Rangers would be capable of defending for 90 mins.

The Lochend Brazil, on 21 May 2015 - 13:30, said:

Was surprised to hear Vuckic getting MOTM, thought it could've went to Murdoch who's a cracking wee player, Shiels had a good game also.

Most of Vuckic's decision making last night was terrible. Most of the time he had the ball, he took too much time with it, and lost it more often than not.

The decision to lob that ball up to Foster was fucking genius.

genius :lol: another word along with class and quality thrown about and over used by the punditry on decribing players,moves,passes when you can see the same in pub fitba

Anyways, notes from last night.

Nicky Clark ran Paul Hanlon ragged I thought, couldn't get near him. Miller showed glimpses of his old self in terms of his intelligence.

Lee Wallace should've got out of Rangers when the rest did as he could've been on his way to 50+ Scotland caps.

Stevenson was poor, as was Robertson who was lucky to not get booked when he took out Miller after he ripped the pish out of Hanlon.

David Gray isn't fit, end of.

Scott Allan was trying too hard, needs to sort out his set pieces because this 'floating' them in pish doesn't work as the 13/14 corners we had last night without Bell having to make a save showed.

Malonga was impressive in terms of his work rate, showing a willingness to track back and close down. Also held the ball up well but his finishing/decision making was poor.

We need to target Zaliukas if we're to have any luck because he is utter horseshit.

Cummings was dreadful, he lacks intelligence in terms of his outside the box work, far too easy to figure out what he's going to do which is why Wallace & McGregor especially got so much luck against him.

Stubbs got it wrong, not having any other back up centre backs really hurts us when one is injured as we're a much much better side playing 3-5-2, his lack is substitutions was baffling considering Malonga & Cummings could be there now and still not have scored.

It's only half time and we've shown this season we can win comfortably against rangers so there's no reason why we can't do it again because I don't think Rangers would be capable of defending for 90 mins.

Aye Zaliukus is shit, but he is still our second best central defender :lol:

The decision to lob that ball up to Foster was fucking genius.

Foster was outstanding last night. Who the f**k was the Hibs left back? Lewis Stevenson? Foster has the beating of him. They just couldnt cope with either of our full backs

I thought The Rangers hated the SPL?

They appear to be quite looking forward to being involved again.

Would you want to share a forum with wisbit and co?

They do create opportunities for their strikers and others who get themselves into a position. I don't think its a lack of ability, maybe composure or confidence.

I think up front this is where Rangers are ahead simply on experienced players like Kenny Miller, his goal last night showed what Hibs are missing.

I don't see Rangers losing this semi final now.

I see it slightly differently. I think Cummings and Malonga are quite composed and confident, especially Cummings who may be over confident. I can't really remember any chances that fell to them that they missed due to these reasons. Cummings run was late and Malongas header imo more a half chance. I'm not convinced that many clear chances were made for them. I think it's Hibs midfield are less composed. Many of Hibs shots were long range and none from memory looked impressive. Therefore if you think about it if they had kept possession/passed instead of shooting more chances may have been created for others.

My other point is may be an odd goal but I don't think Cummings is a player who scores out of nothing and Malonga is similar. Also what do each of them give the team when they are not scoring! Workrate, winning high balls, holding play up, or defensive qualities at set plays against? I'm not a Miller or Clark fan but their workrate and some other qualities you can't argue with from a team point of view.

Oh no, I never really had issue with them with regards to Rangers, rock and hard place is the best way I could describe the predicament they found themselves in and I certainly never held sway with all the talk of boycotts.

The self preservation league was a well earned nickname however, just a pity the Aberdeen chairmen when given the chance to end the daft voting rights opted for short term selfishness.

Are you gutted they didn't let you parachute straight into the top league after you guys fucked everything up?

Archived