Sports Direct FC v Hibs/Hibs v Sports Direct FC

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a shitter that that stand was half empty yesterday tbh

Aye I know , few of my mates who go most if not every week missed out but then hibs probably had others in the same boat on wed , both teams should have had higher allocations

Let's all be honest about this apart from Celtic who have lost games as well would you really be as daft to bet your wages on the fixed odds on Scottish matches. There is little between the teams in each division and as I say apart from Celtic the next 15/16 teams are all capable of beating each other on the day.

However because of the way the fixtures have been done we will never really know what state Rangers 'legs' will be in come Thursday and more so next Sunday. It appears Motherwell were able to rest players yesterday when Rangers played their third match in 6 days. It is common knowledge that the play offs have been designed to favour the premier club. Not only with the congested scheduling of matches but also unlike England it's a two match play off just in case the premier has an off day!

Are the other pitches around the country, really significantly smaller than the one at Ibrox? Genuine question.

the actual pitches im not sure, probably find ibrox is one of the biggest pitches, however my choice of wording probably wasnt good enough, i mean in terms of not just the pitch but the stadium, surroundings etc, law hides like f**k when he feels the pressure on, the crowds a yard or two from the touchline alomost on top of him

at ibrox he has what looks like a massive wide open territory to strut about in, stick him away from home in a tight ground like tynecastle etc and he is posted awol

As I've said it's easy to sit back and mock when your club was juiced with a free £30m over the past 23 years. The only game Hibs have failed badly in with a level playing field was Hamilton at Easter Road, but then again they were flying with Neil in charge. We matched Sevco in both games but they got the breaks.

what fucking breaks, nicky clark scored a 6 yard tap in, cummings bottled the same type of chance

shit like that isnt breaks, its either shite players or bottle merchants

Let's all be honest about this apart from Celtic who have lost games as well would you really be as daft to bet your wages on the fixed odds on Scottish matches. There is little between the teams in each division and as I say apart from Celtic the next 15/16 teams are all capable of beating each other on the day.

However because of the way the fixtures have been done we will never really know what state Rangers 'legs' will be in come Thursday and more so next Sunday. It appears Motherwell were able to rest players yesterday when Rangers played their third match in 6 days. It is common knowledge that the play offs have been designed to favour the premier club. Not only with the congested scheduling of matches but also unlike England it's a two match play off just in case the premier has an off day!

I totally agree, but for many many years there was no upward route at all for those finishing second, let alone third or fourth. I doubt if the previous SPL set-up troubled you unduly.

You also unwittingly reveal why Rangers' problems have been so good for the game. You only need now remove one side from the equation to provide a balanced, vibrant, competitive game, where you used to have to extract two.

the actual pitches im not sure, probably find ibrox is one of the biggest pitches, however my choice of wording probably wasnt good enough, i mean in terms of not just the pitch but the stadium, surroundings etc, law hides like f**k when he feels the pressure on, the crowds a yard or two from the touchline alomost on top of him

at ibrox he has what looks like a massive wide open territory to strut about in, stick him away from home in a tight ground like tynecastle etc and he is posted awol

Ok, but I assumed that your references to big spaces at Ibrox had more to do with room on the field rather than in the stands.

However, it's an unusual stance you're adopting (didn't mean to reddie it though - that was an accident, sorry). It's a popular refrain for Rangers fans to claim that some players can't hack playing for Rangers at Ibrox in front of large, demanding crowds. You seem to be saying that this guy can only really perform in those circumstances.

As I've said it's easy to sit back and mock when your club was juiced with a free £30m over the past 23 years. The only game Hibs have failed badly in with a level playing field was Hamilton at Easter Road, but then again they were flying with Neil in charge. We matched Sevco in both games but they got the breaks.

Level playing field - I've got a full house - bingo!

I would probably agree and say we didnt bottle it. We just weren't good enough to break Rangers down. Would've been the same vs QOTS.

If Hibs can look back on the play-off games and say 'we gave it everything we had', and it just didn't happen for them, that's one thing - you can't really have any regrets.

I kind of get the idea that there's a feeling among Hibs folk that they didn't quite give everything they had hoped they could - am I wrong about that?

If it is the case, though, that Hibs do feel that they threw everything at Rangers, then I think we can only conclude that it was a question of not being quite good enough.

Could Hibs have made it harder for Rangers by adopting different ream selections and tactics? I sort think they could have.

I ll say it again...Hibs had one effort on target. Cammy Bell never had to make a save of note. The Hibs keeper needed to make two excellent stops and another couple of decent saves just to.keep the tie alive.

Cummings miss wss not a turning point. Hibs simply were not good enough.

YOu didn't mention shots on target, you said they created nothing. But they did, they created a tap in which Cummings blew. The first goal in the tie would have made a massive difference.

Ultimately Hibs weren't good enough, because they missed too many chances

Ok, but I assumed that your references to big spaces at Ibrox had more to do with room on the field rather than in the stands. However, it's an unusual stance you're adopting (didn't mean to reddie it though - that was an accident, sorry). It's a popular refrain for Rangers fans to claim that some players can't hack playing for Rangers at Ibrox in front of large, demanding crowds. You seem to be saying that this guy can only really perform in those circumstances.

its a pressure thing, law cannot handle it, the difference from pre administration to now is that at ibrox we were still playing SPL teams who could give you a game, so the pressure quickly comes from the home fans, away from home we were a lot more lenient as away games in the SPL were hard-ish

however down these leagues our home games have been for the most part comfortable for rangers, plus the crowds have been "focused" on other aspects like the board, whereas away from home its the opposite, rangers have been dreadful and under the cosh quite often, and players who hide are noticed and law doesnt like the pressure

Archived