Sports Direct FC v Hibs/Hibs v Sports Direct FC

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm feeling we're off the hook.......until Thursday morning. Do you think we've got the legs for another two games?

F*ck Aye mate, McCall's somehow managed to turn it around, we're not playing great football, but he's got the lads working harder then ever, can't wait for Thursday !!

Just to check you are talking about the Hibs v Rangers game today? We must have been watching different games

And I say that with no axe to grind as I was desperate for Hibs to win

That's my take, maybe on tv it looked different. We had two lapses in the first game and got punished twice without taking any of the chances we made. We gave them nothing today, and on another day would have found the early goal. It was certainly an improvement on Wednesday, that was obvious. If Motherwell show the same commitment as we did today they won't be far away.

That's my take, maybe on tv it looked different. We had two lapses in the first game and got punished twice without taking any of the chances we made. We gave them nothing today, and on another day would have found the early goal. It was certainly an improvement on Wednesday, that was obvious. If Motherwell show the same commitment as we did today they won't be far away.

On Wednesday you created NOTHING. One weak 25 yard attempt on goal. Your keeper made a couple of great stops that kept you in the tie.

On Wednesday you created NOTHING. One weak 25 yard attempt on goal. Your keeper made a couple of great stops that kept you in the tie.

Cummings missed a complete sitter at 0-0. Arguably the turning point in the whole tie. They were well on top at that point, and if they'd scored I think Rangers would have toiled to get back in it.

They were poor after going behind though.

I don't think they will, but remember 98/99 when their big money cup team needed to win on the last day to stay up. I seem to recall Darren Jackson was the main reason they stayed in the spl. :)

Carlsberg don't do digs at rival football teams...

but if they did, they'd be better than the above swing and miss.

I don't think they will, but remember 98/99 when their big money cup team needed to win on the last day to stay up. I seem to recall Darren Jackson was the main reason they stayed in the spl. :)

Do you remember aye?

Hibs had a big advantage by getting the coveted second place and once again simply didnt find a way to win the double header. They also failed to get the better of an under strength Falkirk team in the Cup despite dominating the match. Whether it is coincidental or not - players come and go but the club just seems jinxed.

This tie followed the same old pattern and a very ordinary Rangers team have come through without too much difficulty.

One solitary goal when the tie was over is a poor effort.

Simply not good enough and some of the over hyped Hibs players should be having a good hard look at themselves.

Interesting reading.

'Bottling it' is I suppose an overused lazy phrase to apply to any unsuccessful Hibs outing.

However, in this instance, I think it fits.

That's not to comment - as some seem to think - on levels of commitment. It's to suggest that they couldn't seize the opportunities to win this tie when they came along.

There's no doubt that this Hibs side, like so many of its predecessors, has come up short again, when it really couldn't afford for that to happen.

On a separate note, I'm always surprised to see Rangers fans slating Law. From my standpoint, he's always looked an extremely busy, effective player and that's certainly been the case of late.

i hardly think we're punching above our weight given mccall took over when we werein 3rd and finished us in, well 3rd lol

he has a lot more to prove, scraping by Queens and then simply punishing a bottle job hibs team isnt that good a gig, mccalls record is that he's lost or drawn more games thah he has won so far, pretty poor given that we have faced the bottom 2 or 3 in the division in his time here

Well i think that Stuart has performed miracles since taking over, under Ally and Kenny our fitness was a disgrace, we were done after 15 - 20 minutes in most games, tactics were a joke and the players had downed tools for most of the season.

Stuart has installed and sense of belief/a team spirit, they are looking fitter and more organised now. I just wish that we'd brought him sooner.

Based on performances against Rovers, Hibs were easily the poorest team out of Hearts, Rangers and them. 0 points from Hearts, 0 from Rangers and 8 from Hibs. There was a brittleness in that Hibs side that was exposed at Ibrox last week. Today's performance was utterly woeful. 15 minutes having a go and then almost nothing. The crowd was the same. It felt like the atmosphere of a friendly at times. Says it all that QOS ran Rangers closer then Hibs did. Disappointing.

Hopefully Motherwell can beat Rangers but their track record of bottling it against Rangers is just as bad

We took 5 points from Hibs. They managed to beat us in December.

Of course.

They'll be a bigger party next season when we win the league and when Hearts come straight back down.

lol

Hearts won't get relegated again in my lifetime.

Erm, Hearts finished 6th that season, 14 points clear of relegation.

What an embarrassing slaver you are.

Archived