What now for Brora Rangers

Back Beach

Not even the juke box that you were hugging for half an hour in the social club after the game, I thought you were going to slip it the tongue.

She was the closest I got to coherent conversation in Brora. One of the better looking women in the village, too.

Do you know only 1,200 people live in Brora?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back Beach, NO HFL side needs a first team squad of 20, daaa be feel min!

16 at most, I'm sure many (including some like Wick near the top the last few seasons have nothing like 20

A squad of 16.......come on get a grip. You think we' ll be going through the season with no injuries or suspensions, weddings, holidays, trips to Australia or players disappearing off on spurious jollies again. 20 an absolute bare minimum.

I have no idea on the size of the dirty wickers squad but I would not wish to set our asperstions at their level.............Get real pal

For me having 16 players that are capable of starting is essential, add to that reserve keeper & 3 youngsters. We need to rotate more this season.

You are spot on . Add to your numbers 3 to account for injuries/suspensions and between 22-25 is an ideal number. AND they all need to be rotated.

She was the closest I got to coherent conversation in Brora. One of the better looking women in the village, too.

Do you know only 1,200 people live in Brora?

Says the grown up Adrian Mole lookalike, I guess Geek Chic has not hit Brora yet !!

Well played Brora Rangers with that signing. Richard Brittain a quality addition to the team. There will be many raised eyebrows in the Championship and Divs1 and 2 who could only dream about offering the terms that Brora Rangers did. Don't know the Brindle lad but dispatches have been favorable.

Heard a wee tweet that another high profile player is en-route to Brora from France.

Brittain & Brindle both signed. Superb Brora here we go 3 in a row

Bit surprised at Brittain but I suppose he got offered a good non football job and put family before his football career. Not at all surprised about Brindle though, Nairn and Brora must just toss a coin over who gets to poach Clach's best players.

Wrong....Brittain already has a job outwith football.

What's he doing? Was that why County dropped him?

P.S. I'll lay a £10 evens charity bet that he gets a job with CRC Evans and time off for whatever degree he's doing. Not that I see anything wrong with recruiting ex-Premiership players that way, it means you'll be poaching less players from the Highland League which can only be a good thing.

Malin, Pickles, Houston, Williamson, Macdonald, M Maclean, Morrison, Gillespie, Greig, Mackay, Sutherland. Brindle, Brittain, Kettlewell, Porritt, C Maclean, Thats 16 who do not work for CRC Evans so yes please i will take your bet easy money haha

And the guy coming across from Lyon. he's on a 12 month secondment to a firm on the Cromarty. He is I believe a starter for the French side ( top division ) so will be a great coup for Brora. Hope it all works out.

Kettlewell showed some great form at the end of the season although playing at right back and through pain after hip operation. A good pre season and back to full fitness he will be like a new signing. Very impressed with him in interviews aswel always comes across well. This type of experience is a must for the step up to Div 2. He knows what's required of himself and his team mates players like him will always demand 100% from the team for the full 90mins against all opposition

2 or 3 to come i am led to believe. Club will be ready for Div 2 next summer all going well this season. Happy to leave the HL behind & looking forward to new rivalries

Kettlewell showed some great form at the end of the season although playing at right back and through pain after hip operation. A good pre season and back to full fitness he will be like a new signing. Very impressed with him in interviews aswel always comes across well. This type of experience is a must for the step up to Div 2. He knows what's required of himself and his team mates players like him will always demand 100% from the team for the full 90mins against all opposition

Dekabomb, stop kidding yourself that Brora have the slightest intention of leaving the Highland League.

Archived