What now for Brora Rangers

Back Beach

I am not in the slightest surprised it illustrates well just what a piss poor job that somebody is doing producing the programme. To be honest your mate missed absolutely nothing. The Chairman each week spouts out 5 paragraphs of nothing.The manager and captains spots substantially less..No pics of previous matches,no articles to read,no record of the opposition,no record of players participation this year,no supporters views, no update on injuries,no update on youth teams ........I could on and on and on.

It seems to me that this season all the effort has been put in by the players and ground staff.

I am aware that board duties are voluntary and I don't want to be churlish but there absolutely needs to be changes.Club progression needs to run right through the organisation and outside perception will be crucial going forward.

There's a lot of voluntary time and effort put into producing match progs bud.

Since its a big concern of yours why don't you approach the committee and take the job on then see how wonderfully better your efforts would be ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the Nike Friday, When is the 7 players to be paraded infront of the P&J camera's?

What are you talking about . Been offshore Have I missed somethig? As usual naff all on the website.

Below is a quote lifted from the Brora Rangers website.

Turning our attention to the up and coming season, well can we retain the League Championship for a third term? The answer has to be positive as we are not allowed to be negative anymore. There is little doubt it will be difficult with other teams in the league strengthening but now that our destiny for this campaign is in the Highland League we don't have any concerns about the current playing squad considering where their future may be.

Am I alone in wondering what the hell "we are not allowed to be negative anymore" is all about. Another real heidshaker from the Chairman.

Below is a quote lifted from the Brora Rangers website.

Turning our attention to the up and coming season, well can we retain the League Championship for a third term? The answer has to be positive as we are not allowed to be negative anymore. There is little doubt it will be difficult with other teams in the league strengthening but now that our destiny for this campaign is in the Highland League we don't have any concerns about the current playing squad considering where their future may be.

Am I alone in wondering what the hell "we are not allowed to be negative anymore" is all about. Another real heidshaker from the Chairman.

Hope we are not going to start off another media disaster ?? Don't they realise all these comments will be scrutinized more than ever .After all the problems the Club caused by saying the wrong thing at wrong time already .Better not to have mentioned it at all ." not allowed to be negative anymore"

A very low key announcement hidden on ticker tape on website and also in the Chairmans statement

"The situation is constantly changing and we will endevour to keep you fully informed with regards to signings etc. We look forward to meeting as many supporters as possible at the fans forum that is being held on the evening of the 16th June in the club."

See the folk who ran Brora without making a c**t of it for years before the money showed up, is no one asking them for advice on how to run a football club? They didn't win anything, but they were pretty good at not dragging the name of the club through the mud.

One of my mates made the long trek from Fife to Brora for the Edinburgh city game and could not get a programme. Seems extraordinary.

Hardly "extraordinary". They sold out before he got there. Happens every week.

Ditto the point re not being able to buy a shirt. Brora, like every small club, don't get the huge discounts that big clubs get and won't buy that many in case they get left with them.

It seems a bit churlish to criticise the club for stuff like this.

See the folk who ran Brora without making a c**t of it for years before the money showed up, is no one asking them for advice on how to run a football club? They didn't win anything, but they were pretty good at not dragging the name of the club through the mud.

i suspect that when you had been in the bottom 5 of the Highland League for 50 years or so,nobody paid too much attention to what noises came out from the club. Probably the flow of sentiments were towards the club as a northern outpost who were untouched and untroubled by success and notoriety.

I am going to drive up from the central belt to the meeting just to see what happens,which i guess could be one of two scenarios. The current Chairman could do a Sepp Blatter and hard neck it out, with a few platitudes thrown to the assembled gathering. The other scenario is that he does a Sepp Blatter and fall on his sword and accept that his (albeit naive intentions) have been a disaster too big for either he or the club to recover from,without a change of Board who can court the media and the public in a positive manner.

The problem will be,is there anybody in the wings at Brora who can take the job on and aline off pitch administration and profile to the on pitch success????

On the other hand the meeting may just throw up a few tame questions and the Blazers will return to their summer hibernation. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Been making a few enquiries about meet the board meeting . Don't hold out for any change as it's not a formal meeting but just a social get together. Think some plans for the future , covered toilets, rain shelter, grass cutting etc will be communicated.

Im thinking its all a bit much for a jealous gull to understand .In this game money talks and we are delighted a local supporter has decided to put his money where his mouth is and support his team. He is not on the board or committee and is just a supporter .So you are way off the mark in your comments .That's the problem when you don't see the full picture. Better not to say anything .After all whats it to do with you anyway.Your a Lossie supporter , you should be pleased for Brora as we have been in bottom 5 for years and know what its like to be beaten most weeks same as your team !!.

Do you think players and management read these fans forums?

Not overly excited about our signings so far!.-Still early days !

Been trawling through some stats for the 2014/15 season. Did you know that Brora Rangers used substitutes the least of any Highland League Club,not only just,but by a country mile. Real weakness in Kirkwood management tactics as it left the strength of the entire squad grossly weakened and when we needed it most ( at Montrose in the biggest game of our history) we had only wee Michael on the bench who had diddly squat match experience throughout the season.

The shallowness of our squad size only makes our achievement the greater and completed in the proper manner as illustrated by the fair play award for least bookings/sending offs.

However because of the Pyramid play offs, history will show we fell at the final hurdle and when added to all the unabated noise around "not wanting to go up" the past season would have to go down as one that we will want to forget. Such a shame given the achievement on the park.

Our Chairman, a well meaning but increasingly isolated character has posted "the envisaged target is four or five additional signings to bolster the current playing pool." clearly has no grasp of the scale of the building task. With Munro and Kettlewell always prone to injury and McKeown away, four or five additional signings will be totally inadequate. We need an active squad of at least 20 and rotated on a game by game basis.The 2015/2016 objective must be to gain promotion to the SPFL. Remaining unbeaten in the HFL needs to be sacrificed for the greater good of a strength in depth squad.

Im thinking its all a bit much for a jealous gull to understand .In this game money talks and we are delighted a local supporter has decided to put his money where his mouth is and support his team. He is not on the board or committee and is just a supporter .So you are way off the mark in your comments .That's the problem when you don't see the full picture. Better not to say anything .After all whats it to do with you anyway.Your a Lossie supporter , you should be pleased for Brora as we have been in bottom 5 for years and know what its like to be beaten most weeks same as your team !!.

Nothing has occurred at Brora in the past few seasons to me make me even slightly jealous.

Nothing has occurred at Brora in the past few seasons to me make me even slightly jealous.

Not even the juke box that you were hugging for half an hour in the social club after the game, I thought you were going to slip it the tongue.

Back Beach, NO HFL side needs a first team squad of 20, daaa be feel min!

16 at most, I'm sure many (including some like Wick near the top the last few seasons have nothing like 20

Archived