Taylor Swift

She's cute and all, but it's just sad that such derivative stuff is so dominant in the culture. My eldest daughter is into the Doors and Nirvana as well as the Paramore's and other rock of today. thankfully not Swift or Perry.

How can you complain about "derivative" music then clap your daughter on the back for liking Nirvana in the next sentence? :lol:

She's cute and all, but it's just sad that such derivative stuff is so dominant in the culture. My eldest daughter is into the Doors and Nirvana as well as the Paramore's and other rock of today. thankfully not Swift or Perry.

Sake. What age is she? How many daughters have you?

Out of interest what makes Paramore and 'other rock of today' better than Taylor Swift?

I'm a 31yr old make and I would much rather listen to oor taylor than some of the stuff you mention.

I couldn't give a toss how manufactured or mainstream it is. At the end of the day, catchy tunes that stick in my head will always win out.

Out of interest what makes Paramore and 'other rock of today' better than Taylor Swift?

I'm a 31yr old make and I would much rather listen to oor taylor than some of the stuff you mention.

I couldn't give a toss how manufactured or mainstream it is. At the end of the day, catchy tunes that stick in my head will always win out.

I don't like Paramore, my daughter does. If you prefer Swift to the Doors then you are a moron, nothing wrong with that of course, just means you are one one the unthinking masses.

Edited by Pete's Frontier

Most of their stuff is just three chord punk songs if arranged by the Pixies. Fair enough, at In Utero they started to branch out but they were hardly innovative.

Why are so many teenage kids still walking about with Nirvana t-shirts and plastering posters on their walls if that's all they were? Were you even around in 91 or are you just picking up pseudo guff you picked up from snooty music mags? Anyway, I know it was influenced by the Pixies but certainly did not sound like their plodding surf punk. As for three chords, not really, Have you worked through any of the tracks on guitar? I did in the 90's and it wasn't three chord rock at all. Every track on Nevermind has great hooks in it. Cobain was a great player with his use of feedback and noise. Anyway.. no doubt you think that was all from Thurston Moore. If only it was that easy to sell 20m records.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...