Where do Yes/No voters do their shopping?

Scary Bear

Where you shop and who you voted for  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, it's my disser...naw, just kidding. It's a Sunday and i'm curious. Are certain supermarkets more likely to have staunch unionists and raging BritNats cutting about buying milk, bread and cornflakes? Are certain supermarkets more likely to have hardcore, raging cybernats buying their chicken for the Sunday roast and contemplating whether to abuse JK Rowling again? Where does that bellend Murphy buy his irn bru?

I was planning to do this for political parties and shopping but there aren't enough poll options. Soz. Anyway, Yes/No will give you an idea. The main thing is the supermarkets. I've left Waitrose and M&S off (sorry poshos) and i've also left Iceland and Farmfoods off (sorry to the really poor people, who only eat processed shite). Just stick your vote next to Other and give me some abuse.

I mainly shop at Sainsburys or Aldi. Plumped for Sainsburys as that's the closest and hence the most well used.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too raging a cybernat so I don't tend to go for the boycotting option.

I take the point of view that people will end up losing their jobs because of it. The only exception I have is Barrhead Travel, but it was unlikely I would have ever used them anyway so it isn't much of a principled stance is it

I do know a fair few who will never cross the threshold of certain businesses and who only use Indy supporting businesses.

I tend to shop in Aldi, but give Asda a fair amount of business, occasionally Sainsburys . Pretty much equi-distant from all three. Whatever takes my fancy really

I'm an auld git living alone.

I've nae transport and cannae really walk far.

Morrisons is two minutes away but my lassie will transport me tae Asda if I need tae go there.

It's no the yes/no thing but if ony business were tae pit a big fancy display in their windae bumping up the royals then they wid get a brick through it.

Metaphorically speaking I hasten tae add.

I cannae run and can only walk a wee bit.

Course I could wait until the polis arrived and when they asked me did ye see onybody throw the brick ?

I could say, "Aye, a big boi did it and ran awa' :lol:

I'm a scheme goblin so it's bins, charity shops and clothes given to me by friends for me. Costcutters when the giro comes through.

If ye can remember auld Albert Steptoe then I look like him, only better looking. :lol:

I try and avoid these UK establishment multinationals - remember half of them were threatening to pull out of Scotland in the event of a No vote.

So...

Duncan Fraser, Inverness - butcher meat, eggs, etc,

Ashers Bakers, Inverness, - bread, and all kinds of goodies.

Macleod Organics, Ardesier, - Fruit, veg, eggs, dairy, poultry

Mark the Fishmonger, Cullen - fresh fish, salmon, etc

Support your local team

:)

I try and avoid these UK establishment multinationals - remember half of them were threatening to pull out of Scotland in the event of a No vote.

So...

Duncan Fraser, Inverness - butcher meat, eggs, etc,

Ashers Bakers, Inverness, - bread, and all kinds of goodies.

Macleod Organics, Ardesier, - Fruit, veg, eggs, dairy, poultry

Mark the Fishmonger, Cullen - fresh fish, salmon, etc

Support your local team

:)

That's a guid point :thumsup2

How did your butler vote, and where does he shop?

I also voted yes for my butler, housekeeper, gardener, lifestyle advisor, personal trainer and other members of my full-time staff. I have no idea where they do their shopping. I would expect it to be Waitrose, given the generosity with which I reward them for their service. I had even heard that they take regular trips to the local foodbank which I presume they deposit to. ;)

I also voted yes for my butler, housekeeper, gardener, lifestyle advisor, personal trainer and other members of my full-time staff. I have no idea where they do their shopping. I would expect it to be Waitrose, given the generosity with which I reward them for their service. I had even heard that they take regular trips to the local foodbank which I presume they deposit to. ;)

Excellent reply.

I'll mibbe vote for you :thumsup2

Yes voter. Various for various things. Best food shop M&S, the crouque Jacques and giant breaded prawns with a baguette and a bottle of cava make for a lovely Sunday brunch. Their dressed lobster is also nice.

For fresh fish a twenty minute drive to Arbroath and any of the small independent stalls; we have a favourite but I don't know it's name.

Bizarrely ASDA have the best wine selection and prices; their Fastino Rioja (White and Red) is exceptional.

Lidl instore bakery for fresh croissants is the dogs bollocks (technical culinary term).

Hope that helps.

Archived