The Montrose Thread

Ahin sorted for Peterhead away on Saturday, hopefully see a big and noisy away support and get the win we need[emoji838][emoji836]️

Aye hopefully get a good crowd up, last I seen was 2 busses but with the lack of train station we could probably get another one sorted.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to you guys getting in. Would love to see you come up purely to keep the days out next year.

Also big fan of Mr Watson, top man. Come on the Mo.

Still hate you guys but for me anyway Forfar are slowly taking the most hated mantle off you lot.

As Tiffany says, We hate Forfar, everybody hates, Forfar Athletic...!! ;)

How much fans do you think will head upto Peterhead on Saturday then? All to play for and can easily come away from there with a win

Probably about 150/200.

Oh well no Stuart Malcolm as assistant. He is heading to Albion Rovers as assistant there. SP may leave the backroom staff the same considering good end to the season

Oh well no Stuart Malcolm as assistant. He is heading to Albion Rovers as assistant there. SP may leave the backroom staff the same considering good end to the season

I'm not too fussed about malcolm not coming to be honest think Ross Campbell will be a good addition with plenty of contacts.

Now the season has come to a disappointing end who does sp and his team keep? I think he could possibly move on the likes of pascazio, webster, callaghan, hegarty, Anderson and possibly both goalkeepers. I would keep Millar but think he might leave hope not though. Matty Alan along with Cammy and Matty Smith will be returning to their clubs aswell. I'm sure petrie has players in mind that he would like for next season lets hope he gets his targets.

5 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Now the season has come to a disappointing end who does sp and his team keep? I think he could possibly move on the likes of pascazio, webster, callaghan, hegarty, Anderson and possibly both goalkeepers. I would keep Millar but think he might leave hope not though. Matty Alan along with Cammy and Matty Smith will be returning to their clubs aswell. I'm sure petrie has players in mind that he would like for next season lets hope he gets his targets.

wouldn't say disappointing!! SP's remit was keep the MO in the league. everything else has been a bonus. Forza Mo!!

wouldn't say disappointing!! SP's remit was keep the MO in the league. everything else has been a bonus. Forza Mo!!

Disappointing end today as we never turned up not the season...

Would keep Pascazio but would agree with rest. Hope Jordan Millar stays though as still rate him as best keeper we have. Cammy and Matty Smith will be a big loss. Would hope to maybe get Matty Allan back. Would also release Calum MacDonald due to his unavailability.

Would keep Pascazio but would agree with rest. Hope Jordan Millar stays though as still rate him as best keeper we have. Cammy and Matty Smith will be a big loss. Would hope to maybe get Matty Allan back. Would also release Calum MacDonald due to his unavailability.

I did think about macdonald but if bolo is out for a while he is good cover and experinced aswell.

Hope we keep Greg think he has been treated poorly as he is very good centre half and has proved that since he has been back in. As for the keepers not sure what will happen. Millar was dropped for one mistake after being brought back in once hegs was sacked, he was key in us winning some vital points and helped us win games to get us in to The top 4. At 20 years old has to be one of the best keepers in the league. Fleming was outstanding against Arbroath but has been shaky in a few games and seems to be lucky when he makes mistakes.

Gary Fraser has been poor and if we could I would try and get temps to stay for another year

Hard luck today guys . Imagine if you had SP as manager from the very start of the season ? Give him the preseason to work on the squad who knows what can be gained next season. Despite the result not being what you wanted things are heading in the right direction  at Links Park.

1 hour ago, Vodka Vic said:

Unlucky Mo - must be the best season for a while. Hope Petrie gets a full run at it next year

We finished 3rd in 2008 but lost to Stranraer in the playoffs. It was a bit of as ballache as that was the season Gretna went bust so Stranraer and Arbroath both went up via the playoffs. 

I enjoyed this season more though because of the turnaround after SP took over.

We finished 3rd in 2008 but lost to Stranraer in the playoffs. It was a bit of as ballache as that was the season Gretna went bust so Stranraer and Arbroath both went up via the playoffs. 
I enjoyed this season more though because of the turnaround after SP took over.

Only one of 2 seasons in living memory where you have finished above us and turns out we won the play off anyway. Fantastic.

A record that would still stand to this day if Lumsden wasn't appointed.

Only one of 2 seasons in living memory where you have finished above us and turns out we won the play off anyway. Fantastic.

A record that would still stand to this day if Lumsden wasn't appointed.

I remember the season of 1994-1995 when we came second and forfar went up as champions. Think arbroath finished 7th that year. You can stick that in your scrap book wee fella.

Archived