The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just you worry about your own team specky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going by big marvs twitter it looks as though the big man is still sunning it up in trinidad so we wont be hearin if he is signing anytime soon.Just reading the review their and hegarty says we are in "limbo" and trying to entice players up north to montrose,not what you want to be hearing but im sure Hegarty and holt will get players on board soonish.

Looking at the broughty team that just got promoted could we get Paul lunan back?lee sibinda been bangin in the goals would he be worth a punt,Jim paterson whats he doing with himself since being released from the pars?Just hope we dont sign a team full of youngsters we need experince in my opinion for next year.

You've signed Ryan Kenneth from St James amateurs in the Midlands Prem, I used to play in that league and I'm genuinely amazed that Montrose think somebody from that league is good enough for them. He's going from playing against my hungover mates every Saturday to Bobby Linn. :lol:

Time will tell, could end up being decent but it seems like quite a big gamble.

how old is he? probably being brought in to learn /develop rather tha be a first team starter next season.

Of those that definitely will play next season, Terry Masson and Paul Watson have re-signed. Great news that we have also signed up Andrew Steeves after his release from Forfar; he was impressive at the back end of last season whilst on loan. Pacy, attacking and a tough tackler tracking back.

how old is he? probably being brought in to learn /develop rather tha be a first team starter next season.

Of those that definitely will play next season, Terry Masson and Paul Watson have re-signed. Great news that we have also signed up Andrew Steeves after his release from Forfar; he was impressive at the back end of last season whilst on loan. Pacy, attacking and a tough tackler tracking back.

I believe he is 25.

You've signed Ryan Kenneth from St James amateurs in the Midlands Prem, I used to play in that league and I'm genuinely amazed that Montrose think somebody from that league is good enough for them. He's going from playing against my hungover mates every Saturday to Bobby Linn. :lol:

Time will tell, could end up being decent but it seems like quite a big gamble.

I seem to remember Craig Cooper being snapped up from under Arbroaths noses from Portcullis Amateurs who were playing at a far lower level than St James?? I have watched St James recently and they have some excellent players. If its the left back (right back was also excellent) he could be a find but always a gamble that wont pay off. Not enough of that type of player being given then chance from lower levels and the tendency is to recruit frees from other Senior clubs who could be on their way down.Good luck to the player and hope he can make an impression

I seem to remember Craig Cooper being snapped up from under Arbroaths noses from Portcullis Amateurs who were playing at a far lower level than St James?? I have watched St James recently and they have some excellent players. If its the left back (right back was also excellent) he could be a find but always a gamble that wont pay off. Not enough of that type of player being given then chance from lower levels and the tendency is to recruit frees from other Senior clubs who could be on their way down.Good luck to the player and hope he can make an impression

Aye good luck to him but just seems unheard of seniors going to that level for players. The next logical step is juniors, and even then that's quite a big step from the midlands prem.

Hadn't heard about Watson and Steeves signing up. Happy with both. Hope for a few more in next few weeks.

Aye good luck to him but just seems unheard of seniors going to that level for players. The next logical step is juniors, and even then that's quite a big step from the midlands prem.

No it's not. The top premier league clubs could hold their own in that league and St James could potentially challenge.

I've never been that impressed by Kenneth when I played against him but must have something if he's went senior.

No it's not. The top premier league clubs could hold their own in that league and St James could potentially challenge.

I've never been that impressed by Kenneth when I played against him but must have something if he's went senior.

Maybe in the North division. Not in the premier league though. There's not enough good teams in the midlands prem to make a comparison. Be totally different playing against good teams every week instead of just NCR and River.

When I told my mates they were shocked like... Supposedly the Montrose manager hasn't even watched him.

Maybe in the North division. Not in the premier league though. There's not enough good teams in the midlands prem to make a comparison. Be totally different playing against good teams every week instead of just NCR and River.

When I told my mates they were shocked like... Supposedly the Montrose manager hasn't even watched him.

Yeah I was meaning the north division unless you were meaning something else?

Plenty of good players in the Midlands league, just need the coaching and guidance to make it.

With Ross Campbell staying at you lot, don't be surprised to see someone join while doing university, Ross had a hand in Faroese internationalist Odmar Faeroe joining us while studying in Aberdeen in 2012 and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case with the defender that was at East Fife last season.

Good to see him scoring goals again in the second half of the season too, if he gets played up front and not out wide he'll score a fair amount.

Disappointed to see Steeves leave us, was impressed with him when he played, he was just unfortunate with his injuries.

Happy enough so far with the signings.when are they back training?Steeves is a great young prospect and Greg cameron is the sort of experience we need at links park.

10 players so far.

Happy to see us take a punt on someone from the ammys; works ok for Queens Park now and again and it is not like he is our new starting center back. Also a good attitude and engine goes a long way at this level these days.

Hear that Jo Reoch and Dale Reid of Montrose Roselea have been asked to join in Pre season training. Reid scored 25 goals in the East Premier League of the Juniors which is no mean feat. Reoch is a full back/Centre half who was attracting interest from Forfar a season ago. I assume the late call up means that H&H are struggling to find players. Both are capable of cutting it at 2nd Division level.

Archived