The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's only May. Will prob be closer to mid July before we have a squad together.

Not many players of any quality will sign for Montrose at this time of the close season (or any time arguably! :lol: ) unless there is good £, a captains armband and a sales job by the management team. I'd expect the manager will want to try and sign some quality first and build around them.

absolutely. Patience is required. It looks like that beyond the names announced no will else will sign / be signed from last year's group, six players was the absolute ceiling to retain anyway.

The team that finished bottom of the whole pile is hardly a big draw for players with options on the table, so I'd agree that it will be some while yet before we know the full extent of the squad next season.

That's not to say that there will be no news at all in the next while but patience and time is required. After all it's only two weeks since the season finished.

I'd expect the manager will want to try and sign some quality first and build around them.

Quite agree. We need a completely new spine to the team having lost/dispensed with the services of our goalkeeper, centre half and centre forward. I hope he can sign Moyes but IMO we need experience in that new spine and as MTM says we can build around that. I might be in a minority but I think Paul Watson is a must. He was one of few to get pass marks in the away leg at Brora as he worked like hell and was shouting at others to get a grip. He also filled in as centre back in the away game at Annan in the last regular game and did well with his height. He scores goals as well. H & H I think will get the best out of him and find his best position. Pity we lost Jonny Crawford IMO. He will do better in a better side and Formartine have a good signing there.

Quite agree. We need a completely new spine to the team having lost/dispensed with the services of our goalkeeper, centre half and centre forward. I hope he can sign Moyes but IMO we need experience in that new spine and as MTM says we can build around that. I might be in a minority but I think Paul Watson is a must. He was one of few to get pass marks in the away leg at Brora as he worked like hell and was shouting at others to get a grip. He also filled in as centre back in the away game at Annan in the last regular game and did well with his height. He scores goals as well. H & H I think will get the best out of him and find his best position. Pity we lost Jonny Crawford IMO. He will do better in a better side and Formartine have a good signing there.

I think there needs to be a better link within all level of the club and having local players like Watson and Masson to mix with fans and encourage the other squad members to do similar would help. Will be an interesting few weeks now that management team is in place.

has ewan moyes been signed up again next season? can't wait to see who the management team bring in,they both must have a good few contacts built up over the years

has ewan moyes been signed up again next season? can't wait to see who the management team bring in,they both must have a good few contacts built up over the years

Moyes works and stays around Edinburgh. Finds it hard to get off work in time to make training in Montrose 2 nights a week. Suspect he will look elsewhere with out the travelling. Pity as Crawford and him had the makings of a decent defensive pairing. Not to be!

Archived