The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Swankie unhappy at forfar..... Could it be him? Also heard Andy webster mentioned.

Don't think we would be hard to deal with 15 Grand should see him in a Mo shirt. Hopefully you guys manage promotion this coming season.

Not sure if we have that sort of money to part with to be honest. Would be good if it happend though, he has gets a fair amount of stick but still is a classy player in my opinion.

Forfar, Brechin city and montrose all in for Sean Dillon going by the sun. Would think Brechin city will be his next destination especially as he was team mates with Darren dodds.

Forfar, Brechin city and montrose all in for Sean Dillon going by the sun. Would think Brechin city will be his next destination especially as he was team mates with Darren dodds.

Would be delighted if we could get him in but as you say Brechin would be the most likely out of the 4. Maybe Cammy will put a good word in for us though.

Still needing a goal scorer

We have Templeman and Gary Fraser to do that along with the new striker. For me it's the defence we need to get rock solid, although saying that it does say he is wanting a another striker on board.

Fraser not as effective in the season just past. Still hit double figures (but 5 from the spot ash)
If he refinds his form Montrose shall take some stopping

Was playing out wide mist of the season as well. Gary had a good season in my eyes.

20 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Was playing out wide mist of the season as well. Gary had a good season in my eyes.

True but for a reason presumably. If SP thought he'd be better up top in the middle he'd have played him there. Also true he was better in the latter part of the season but IMO he still has two question marks over him. Firstly his temperament - he mouths too much and gets into bother then suspended. Secondly he is not a technically good player on the ball. Having said that he's fast and can upset defences so if he could control his temperament and get back on the goal trail early on that'll do for me. Sanny is very good technically and also had a good end of the season so if he can continue that form then yes, we might not need another striker but again IMO if we can get one then it is very likely to make the difference between being a decent side possibly making the play-offs again or going one better and challenging for the top.

On 2016-12-5 at 16:47, Montrose moaner said:

Not interested just hope to see your sub keeper in the premier league next year going by the clubs after him emoji23.png

Your wish seems like it may be granted mate. Should have wished this for your own sub keeper lol

The action is about to re-commence. Ok I know it's only a friendly match but I'm already keen to see how things might shape up this season and I'm planning to take in the Cove Rangers game this Friday night at Links Park. Hope there's a decent turnout of fans to give SP and the lads a bit of a lift before the real action starts.

John Sheran's lads will provide a tough test though I expect a lot of substitutions as usual as more players get pitch time to stretch their legs in a 'competitive' game. John is still a good friend of Montrose as those of us old enough to remember will testify to - even now, so give him a good reception. Even better get behind our lads and show them we are right with them this season home and away.

As for the League Cup, it's a hard ask against two Premier League sides and two League 1 sides so I hope we do well enough to move into the more important league fixtures in good heart to hit the ground running and pick up points home and away from the off. Talking of which, our home form has to improve as we maybe can't rely on such good away form again. That's where we need more bite up front - any sign of anything happening in that department yet - a development loan maybe??

The action is about to re-commence. Ok I know it's only a friendly match but I'm already keen to see how things might shape up this season and I'm planning to take in the Cove Rangers game this Friday night at Links Park. Hope there's a decent turnout of fans to give SP and the lads a bit of a lift before the real action starts.
John Sheran's lads will provide a tough test though I expect a lot of substitutions as usual as more players get pitch time to stretch their legs in a 'competitive' game. John is still a good friend of Montrose as those of us old enough to remember will testify to - even now, so give him a good reception. Even better get behind our lads and show them we are right with them this season home and away.
As for the League Cup, it's a hard ask against two Premier League sides and two League 1 sides so I hope we do well enough to move into the more important league fixtures in good heart to hit the ground running and pick up points home and away from the off. Talking of which, our home form has to improve as we maybe can't rely on such good away form again. That's where we need more bite up front - any sign of anything happening in that department yet - a development loan maybe??

Heard we have been offered swankie not sure if it will happen though. Sean Dillon was mentioned aswell but I'm sure he has the pick of all Angus clubs to choose from.

5 hours ago, mo83 said:

Heard we have been offered swankie not sure if it will happen though. Sean Dillon was mentioned aswell but I'm sure he has the pick of all Angus clubs to choose from.

Swankie would do the business up front but I wonder if there could be a dressing room issue - e.g. any history there? 

Dillon would also do nicely at centre back but might be costly getting either him or Swankie. Depends of course on the desire of each player AND finance. In respect of the latter it could be looked at that we maybe need to 'push the boat out' if we are to progress as a club and that being the case what better time than now. Bet I'm not the only one wishing we would do it but equally a tad fearful that such leaps into the financial mire are not the type of things MFC do. We'll see what actually happens, with fingers crossed. 

The thing is, this division is there for the taking this season by anyone brave enough to go for it.

Swankie would do the business up front but I wonder if there could be a dressing room issue - e.g. any history there? 
Dillon would also do nicely at centre back but might be costly getting either him or Swankie. Depends of course on the desire of each player AND finance. In respect of the latter it could be looked at that we maybe need to 'push the boat out' if we are to progress as a club and that being the case what better time than now. Bet I'm not the only one wishing we would do it but equally a tad fearful that such leaps into the financial mire are not the type of things MFC do. We'll see what actually happens, with fingers crossed. 
The thing is, this division is there for the taking this season by anyone brave enough to go for it.

Dressing room issue with some mo player's? Like you said we might need to push the boat out to get these players, I think Dillon is looking for a part time job and a career in one. If we could offer him a good package I'm sure he would come. I would think he would make his mind up next week or so who he is joining. Would love both but it ain't gonna happen.

Archived