The Montrose Thread

Was Dale Reid not a part of the Montrose set up??. Not sure if he was let go or loaned to Roselea. Plenty of time to get the squad together but with friendlies coming up will need to get a bit of movement soon.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 players so far.

Happy to see us take a punt on someone from the ammys; works ok for Queens Park now and again and it is not like he is our new starting center back. Also a good attitude and engine goes a long way at this level these days.

whos the 10

The 10 are.terry mason,Paul watson,greg cameron,scott Johnson,declan milne, Kyle mcleod, Ross campbell. Andy steeves, graham Webster,Ross mccord.Not sure who the mo have in for a trial, hope their a bit better than brechin trialists the other nite though:-o

Was Dale Reid not a part of the Montrose set up??. Not sure if he was let go or loaned to Roselea. Plenty of time to get the squad together but with friendlies coming up will need to get a bit of movement soon.

He was in the youth squad in 2011/12

w557Z1.gif

The 10 are.terry mason,Paul watson,greg cameron,scott Johnson,declan milne, Kyle mcleod, Ross campbell. Andy steeves, graham Webster,Ross mccord.Not sure who the mo have in for a trial, hope their a bit better than brechin trialists the other nite though:-o

Only 1 defender & he's a wing back!

Every year we seem to have the same problems strengthening our defence, and this year its looking like it will consist of new players all signed at the last minute.

Not sure if I am making the wrong interpretation of internet sentiment but c'mon guys, we are where we are....

Of course it would have been great to have a bunch of guys signed up but do remember we nearly went out of existence in mid-May with only 1 player having a contract for 15/16 out of a full squad and mgmt team. The management team only signed a contract 1 month ago. We were in turmoil just over a month ago; why on earth would any player worth their salt sign a contract with us at that point?

In May, if you had given me the option of surviving the playoffs and having 10 players at the end of June vs going down to HL without a team (or worse....going down to HL with most of last seasons squad tied to a contract); I'd have taken it and chomped on your arm for good measure.

We all know that most of quality is snapped up in May. Maybe with a better season, finish, long term plan/strategy and finances we can be in a better place to secure the quality options next May and make a push from there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, patience is needed. Revolution doesn't happen overnight!

Heard at the weekend that big sandy is returning. Anyone confirm that?

Heard that also and would be disappointed if he were to be anything more than a no2 between the sticks

Sandy is a decent enough keeper.hopefully their will be two keepers brought in and they can fight it out for the number 1 jersey.Any word on big marv looks.like he is having a ball going by his twitter page;-)

Not having much luck with our pre-season friendlies. Firstly the Airdrie game was cancelled as our new pitch isn't ready yet. Now the game at Forfar is cancelled as we got drawn together in the Petrolcan Cup! As far I can see we still need a keeper and a central defence.

Trying not to get too worried but we could do with a better roll of the dice. Getting Sandy Wood back in goals would be a good start and Ewan Moyes at centre back. I'm also wondering if the possibility of moving our training base to Dundee or Perth might be a good option to attract players from a wider area. Will cost more but with a slimmer squad it might be viable and might be essential if we are to avoid 10th place again.

Archived