The Montrose Thread

Had heard a while back that Formartin£ were thinking about a serious tilt at the HL with or without Brora, story checking out.

EDIT: Ross McCord, Graham Webster, Scott Johnston, Ross Campbell, Declan Milne, Kyle McLeod all signed for us next term.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had heard a while back that Formartin£ were thinking about a serious tilt at the HL with or without Brora, story checking out.

EDIT: Ross McCord, Graham Webster, Scott Johnston, Ross Campbell, Declan Milne, Kyle McLeod all signed for us next term.

Glad to see both the youth players Declan and Kyle being signed and hope they are given a chance over season.

Ah well a new goalkeeper also next year,am sure theirs plenty out their.I take it with guys leaving etc heggy and holty will be at lp next year.

Glad to see both the youth players Declan and Kyle being signed and hope they are given a chance over season.

Agree with this, good to see the youth players coming through and getting their chance. Our best player of the last few years have come through from there.

Incidentally I'm working with someone from the Ferry whose son was with the youth team but left due to changes in coaching staff. He was saying that Kyle was the lad most likely to go on despite not yet getting his chance. Hoping both make it.

Ross McCord gets a contract.

I'm astounded (!) and interested to hear what he did to earn that; it certainly wasn't his performances, work rate or his attitude last season....

Apparently been carrying a back injury for most of last season, which would explain his indifferent form.

Ross McCord gets a contract.

I'm astounded (!) and interested to hear what he did to earn that; it certainly wasn't his performances, work rate or his attitude last season....

Maybe he just walks in every year and pretends to be his brother?

Maybe he just walks in every year and pretends to be his brother?

Ross McCord is a very talented player. He was quite unlucky at Alloa in that he picked up an injury and when he came back struggled to get into one of the best midfields we have ever had. I've been surprised at his struggles since leaving us, if he is fit and on form he is too good for the Third Division. Worth persevering with I would have thought, you could build a very decent midfield around him.

noticed on the pfa website Jordan Alan and Leighton macintosh are on it so they must be off aswell.Big rebuild at this rate I reckon we will be bringing in 8-9 players

noticed on the pfa website Jordan Alan and Leighton macintosh are on it so they must be off aswell.Big rebuild at this rate I reckon we will be bringing in 8-9 players

Would have stuck with both of them, they would perhaps have had a chance to lead the line after Woods' departure.

The Management, if/when confirmed, will have a busy summer.

A big rebuild is exact what is needed. Poor defence for years and not scoring too many goals so I welcome changes. Surprised at Webster being given a contract but good luck to him

Jamie Reid has been released by dundee. Seems he did a job at Elgin on loan and has improved.

Now he doesn't have full time wages from dundee he might want to stay local.

Archived