The Montrose Thread

Oh well, thats right back sorted. Squad taking shape. Couple more defenders and another striker perhaps and we will be good to go. Heard Matty Smith may return on loan as McKinnon doesn't rate him.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh well, thats right back sorted. Squad taking shape. Couple more defenders and another striker perhaps and we will be good to go. Heard Matty Smith may return on loan as McKinnon doesn't rate him.

Would take Matty back 100% if we could.Heard their is another signing to be announced either tonight or tomorrow no idea who though.

Jamie Redman signs. I year deal. ... interesting

Good player. Do wonder how many midfielders we need when only 4 defenders signed. Maybe going to go all out attack next season. Stewart certainly building up an impressive squad.

What you thinking Mo fans? Going straight to the good player, deserves a second chance position?

Pretty much.
His betting against his own team although not great hardly physically or mentally hurt anyone else by it. The only person affected was himself so no problem for me.

I'd like to see after watching him play for the first time in a wee while Jamie redman from Peterhead he would be a cracking signing. Probably still contracted to them but sort of players we need in my opinion.

I never knew...... Honest!!!!

Good player. Do wonder how many midfielders we need when only 4 defenders signed. Maybe going to go all out attack next season. Stewart certainly building up an impressive squad.

Hmmm.

Watson/Masson/Foxy/Redman will all be expecting to play, all central midfielders. Was convinced Terry would end up at RB but now Brett will be there..

Hmmm.

Watson/Masson/Foxy/Redman will all be expecting to play, all central midfielders. Was convinced Terry would end up at RB but now Brett will be there..

Just keeps everyone on their toes, like I said before sp likes to shuffle it about a bit each and everyone will play their part I would think. Has redman ever played centre half???

Just keeps everyone on their toes, like I said before sp likes to shuffle it about a bit each and everyone will play their part I would think. Has redman ever played centre half???

Out of those four it may be the skipper who would be best equipt to play at the back. Time will tell.

Out of those four it may be the skipper who would be best equipt to play at the back. Time will tell.

Am sure sp will have a centre back lined up as one of our last signings.

Agree we could do with another centre back but Paul Watson can fill in there as can Steeves until Bolo is fit again. We also have Matty Allan so there is a bit of cover. Good to see a RB signed but cover there as well if needs be with Masson. LB could be a problem if Steeves is used at CB and Ian Campbell has gone (has he?). What we are seeing is SP being able to juggle his squad by having several utility players and with injuries, suspensions etc. that's a must. Still think he will sign another centre back though if he can but for me the priority is up top where I still think we are light weight. A good goal poacher will make all the difference and put us more seriously in the frame IMO.

There may still be some useful u/20 released players available and SP will no doubt be saving a bit of his budget for on contract U/20 players as well.

What you thinking Mo fans? Going straight to the good player, deserves a second chance position?

Good player yes but I personally wouldn't want anyone that is willing to bet against their own club at Montrose.

That being said, as long as he is at Montrose he will get my full support.

21 hours ago, mo83 said:

Yes, everybody has played centre half for us at some point. :lol:

Seriously, he actually has and did as well as any   of our other defenders last season.

Good signing for you guys. Always gives 100% and one of the few players I would have kept.

Yes, everybody has played centre half for us at some point. [emoji38]
Seriously, he actually has and did as well as any   of our other defenders last season.
Good signing for you guys. Always gives 100% and one of the few players I would have kept.

Always liked redman great addition to the squad.

Archived