The Montrose Thread

You lads must be delighted that you've drawn the champions

Second year in a row too! We were unlucky to lose to County last year with a late penalty.

I have mixed memories of Easter Road. Good performance and Heggy goal in 5-1 defeat a few years ago. Far worse memories of the 9-0 reverse...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second year in a row too! We were unlucky to lose to County last year with a late penalty.

I have mixed memories of Easter Road. Good performance and Heggy goal in 5-1 defeat a few years ago. Far worse memories of the 9-0 reverse...

Didn't you have a 16 year old in the goal that day?

I didn't think Hankinson wasn't a great keeper, from memory, so let's just say he was 16 in every match he played.

Hankison was shite in goals from what I remember, no as bad as big lucas the Canadian he was rank rotten.

Who was the signing targets that we missed out on??

I was told that we were planning on speaking to Kane Hester, I'd imagine he would be one of them.

I don't think Kane would have been one but I might be wrong.Nothing against Kane but I've not seen enough of him to say I'm impressed, banging in a heap of goals for the roselea means nothing if he did that at Broughty I might have taken notice. Centre half and a striker it says he is after, someone on the Arbroath thread mentioned Andy webster. Did hegarty not try and get him this time last season aswell? Whoever it is we get I hope he is experienced player to help the younger lads.

I don't think Kane would have been one but I might be wrong.Nothing against Kane but I've not seen enough of him to say I'm impressed, banging in a heap of goals for the roselea means nothing if he did that at Broughty I might have taken notice. Centre half and a striker it says he is after, someone on the Arbroath thread mentioned Andy webster. Did hegarty not try and get him this time last season aswell? Whoever it is we get I hope he is experienced player to help the younger lads.

I think his goals to minutes ratio at Arbroath is actually quite decent, not that it matters of course because he isn't coming. Andy Webster was another one I was told about but I can't see it happening.

I think his goals to minutes ratio at Arbroath is actually quite decent, not that it matters of course because he isn't coming. Andy Webster was another one I was told about but I can't see it happening.

Andy Webster on paper seems a good signing I would give him a chance, not played much last year and is getting older though. We will wait and see what happens.

Andy Webster on paper seems a good signing I would give him a chance, not played much last year and is getting older though. We will wait and see what happens.

He is only playing on 1 good leg

Remember Phil McGuire was meant to be an 'experienced' defender when he was with us. To be fair I've no idea what he was like behind the scenes or at training, but he was way out his depth in the handful of games he played.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Any Mo fans remember a Kenny Taylor playing for them?

Yes he was a big hard player but also really nice guy. Calves like a snooker table legs. Liked the odd red card and I believe he now dishes them out nowadays! Was also at Brechin & Arbroath and Managed Cove Rangers & Keith at one point.

Just read that sp will be bringing in a sports scientists and moving training to Perth next year. Good move in my opinion, especially if we want to attract players outwith the Dundee-Fife area.

Certainly opens up player recruitment by taking the training back to Perth. Even opens up the catchment area as far as Glasgow and Edinburgh to an extent.

57 minutes ago, tellyboy said:

Yes he was a big hard player but also really nice guy. Calves like a snooker table legs. Liked the odd red card and I believe he now dishes them out nowadays! Was also at Brechin & Arbroath and Managed Cove Rangers & Keith at one point.

Yeah I have had him as a referee a few times. I didn't realise he played for the Mo until recently. Must have been before my team watching Cowden - Montrose games,

Archived