The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that same Craig Johnston signed by George Shileds in the January transfer window a few seasons back?
Can't remember if he actually got a game.

It's not the same one, the Craig Johnston we had played about 4 games then went to Brechin.

Terry Masson a stick on to play RB now.

Wasted their so I hope not, Terry and foxy in the centre of midfield for me.Ball winner and a creative midfielder in they two just what you need.

Chris Hegarty, Gregor Anderson, Lloyd Hester, Declan Milne, Kyle Mcleod and Kieran Mcwalter all confirmed as leaving. Only one I'm bothered about is Kieran, thought there was a decent player there but obviously hasn't done enough to impress Stewart Petrie.

Yeah, I'm sorry to see Kieran go. He's a no nonsense midfielder but with Foxy signing we do have a surplus of players who can play in midfield so Kieran looks to be the one squeezed out. Good luck to him though, great lad and will do a good job at Senior level somewhere. Unfortunately we can't carry to many squad players and there are other positions which need to be strengthened as bigger priority. 

Lots of signings but no mention of Bolo, Kerr Hay or Callum MacDonald unless I've missed something whilst I was away - or, are they still under contract?

Unlikely Cammy Ballantyne will be back but you never know particularly if Dundee United get promoted. Dylan Thomas had something about him too. Be interesting to see which other development players are in the frame or have just been released. 

8 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Yeah, I'm sorry to see Kieran go. He's a no nonsense midfielder but with Foxy signing we do have a surplus of players who can play in midfield so Kieran looks to be the one squeezed out. Good luck to him though, great lad and will do a good job at Senior level somewhere. Unfortunately we can't carry to many squad players and there are other positions which need to be strengthened as bigger priority. 

Lots of signings but no mention of Bolo, Kerr Hay or Callum MacDonald unless I've missed something whilst I was away - or, are they still under contract?

Unlikely Cammy Ballantyne will be back but you never know particularly if Dundee United get promoted. Dylan Thomas had something about him too. Be interesting to see which other development players are in the frame or have just been released. 

bolo and hay are under contract for the next season.

macdonald  has left

Did hear that a centre half is top priority now.Im sure sp and young bunnet will have a few names in mind. No mention of iain Campbell anyone know if he has left the club.

Did hear that a centre half is top priority now.Im sure sp and young bunnet will have a few names in mind. No mention of iain Campbell anyone know if he has left the club.

Got a feeling he will either be offered or has been offered a deal until January possibly.

Just read that sp will be bringing in a sports scientists and moving training to Perth next year. Good move in my opinion, especially if we want to attract players outwith the Dundee-Fife area.

It was, heggys goal was a belter.
I also remember watching Hibs at Links Park in the cup early 90's.
Jim Leighton was in goal and denied us a couple of times. Pretty decent side then.

Archived