The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the Mfc Twitter page we will announcing contract extensions and signings in the next few days...Any word who it may be???

According to Transfermarkt the only player already signed up for next season is Gary Fraser?

I'd imagine we will offer deals to both keepers although I don't expect them both to sign.

Andrew Steeves, Greg Pascazio, Bolo and possibly Yano along with Matty Allan and a new right back for defence.

We will probably keep Watson, Masson, McWalter and possibly Ferguson, and bring in a few others for midfield, no idea who though.

Sanny should get a new deal, Fraser already signed up as I mentioned, I would think Kerr Hay is signed up? Been told that we might sign Kane Hester from Arbroath but nothing confirmed.

According to Transfermarkt the only player already signed up for next season is Gary Fraser?

I'd imagine we will offer deals to both keepers although I don't expect them both to sign.

Andrew Steeves, Greg Pascazio, Bolo and possibly Yano along with Matty Allan and a new right back for defence.

We will probably keep Watson, Masson, McWalter and possibly Ferguson, and bring in a few others for midfield, no idea who though.

Sanny should get a new deal, Fraser already signed up as I mentioned, I would think Kerr Hay is signed up? Been told that we might sign Kane Hester from Arbroath but nothing confirmed.

Kerr Hay signed a 18 month deal when he signed in January.

Would like to see Sanny stay another year as an option, back end of the season he was outstanding but better teams will figure us out if he continues as our main target up front.
Peterhead definitely did in the second leg.

Would like to see Sanny stay another year as an option, back end of the season he was outstanding but better teams will figure us out if he continues as our main target up front.
Peterhead definitely did in the second leg.

100% last Wednesday he unplayable until Peterhead worked us out, still deserves another year. I'm not too fussed about Kane Hester to be honest can't say he has caught my eye anytime I've seen him play which is very little. As for players coming in foxy and swankie would be brilliant but think we might just get one out of the two, Matty Alan would be welcome addition also. It says he has been speaking to players so obviously he has players in mind which is Great! Get the business done nice and early and a few trialists at the pre season games.

On 16/05/2017 at 17:45, SNEEKIT said:

Cannae see you getting Swankie as he got another year left with Forfar

Thankfully on a decent wage as well.  He has mouthed off he would like to join Montrose though as he has a decent relationship with the gaffer.  

Greg Pascazio has decided to move on, a great defender who was treated as the scapegoat under Hegarty at the start of the season after the Cove game.

All the best to Greg decent enough player who will find a club no bother.

All the best to Greg decent enough player who will find a club no bother.

Not had best of season but hoped Greg would stay. Good luck to him wherever he moves to.

Cannae see you getting Swankie as he got another year left with Forfar

lives very local, on a decent wage a Forfar, Bollan might think the money could be better spent, can see this happening

lives very local, on a decent wage a Forfar, Bollan might think the money could be better spent, can see this happening

Would he take a big wage drop though??

Swankie would be a very good signing for Montrose. Can't remember the last time you had a player like him, aye he's not charging about like a dafty all the time but he's a classy player and if he's enjoying himself and is happy at a club you'll get the best out of him.

Think you lads should be pretty happy about it to be honest if it does happen. I don't see Forfar every week obviously but I do always watch their highlights. Could still offer a lot to Montrose.

I'd like to see after watching him play for the first time in a wee while Jamie redman from Peterhead he would be a cracking signing. Probably still contracted to them but sort of players we need in my opinion.

I'd like to see after watching him play for the first time in a wee while Jamie redman from Peterhead he would be a cracking signing. Probably still contracted to them but sort of players we need in my opinion.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Watson, Masson and McWalter, Callaghan prior to moves for any players in that position.

I really hope we keep McWalter, if he gets a chance to make a position his own then I reckon he could become a very good player under Petrie.

I'd keep mcwalter aswell think he is a good wee player.... Loves a tackle aswell.

Archived