The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/1/2016 at 18:52, Judge said:

As long as Holt doesn't get the job then I would hope that Jordan will get the No1 shirt back shortly

I'm not a supporter of Montrose or Holt, but I think he knows a wee bit more about defending than Weir and his assistant do, I was working up north last week and ended up at the Elgin game,  the defensive players are laughable,  no idea about man marking or discipline the weakest link is the right back so any team playing them should attack his side, keep Sutherland in check and let the rest fire at goal because they "couldna hit a coo in the erse wee a banjo". This info is also for Arbroath FC

11 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Dinna think you'll get much employment as a scout.

Dinna need to be a scout to see the mistakes made and if Weir canna see it then your heading for bottom place by the end of the season

Good luck anyway, I liked the visit to your ground and had a good day out

Good to hear. I'll grant you defence is a problem which Weir is well aware of but you defend as a team and attack as a team. We did score 8, 6 against Montrose, 4 against Stirling etc from which Sutherland did not score even half of them and that for most part was without Gunn. You worry about your team, we will be thereabouts for promotion come the end of the season.

5 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Good to hear. I'll grant you defence is a problem which Weir is well aware of but you defend as a team and attack as a team. We did score 8, 6 against Montrose, 4 against Stirling etc from which Sutherland did not score even half of them and that for most part was without Gunn. You worry about your team, we will be thereabouts for promotion come the end of the season.

Attempt missed. Daniel Moore (Elgin City) left footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the left.
Attempt missed. Thomas Reilly (Elgin City) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the right.
Attempt missed. Shane Sutherland (Elgin City) left footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the right.
Attempt missed. Chris McLeish (Elgin City) right footed shot from outside the box is just a bit too high
Attempt missed. Brian Cameron (Elgin City) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the left.

Attempt missed. Brian Cameron (Elgin City) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the left.
Attempt missed. Archie MacPhee (Elgin City) left footed shot from outside the box is just a bit too high.

This all in the first half apart from last one, get what I mean

In fairness to Fleming he is a good shot stopper. Commanding his area and coming for crosses however....

The very least you ask of a keeper is that they are good shot stoppers. That's the easy part. Most outfield players are good 'shot stoppers'. You can't teach shot stopping, it's just about reflexes.

Don't know why I'm bothering replying to such a ridiculous post but, using Saturday as an example Arbroath 0 goals, 10 shots 1 on target = 10%, Elgin 4 goals, 18 shots 9 on target = 50%. Sorry Arbroath fans I realise it wasn't one of your better days and Montrose for posting on your thread but couldn't resist the reply.

well I think we can rule out one of the candidates at least, after the last two results.

Least he never got sacked in the car park this time to be fair. Out of the two I preffered holty but unfortunately it's just not worked out for the pair of them and we now again move on to a new manager.To be fair their has not been very many rumours on who it might be. The names I have heard for the job I'd be happy enough giving them a chance at links Park. Did hear a couple of the candidates were in the stand midweek to take in Queens Park game.Hopefully the new gaffer will be in place early next week.

Archived