The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has their been any word on gary fraser signing up for next season?This man has been a great signing for montrose,I realy hope he goes past the 20+ goals this season as he thoroughly deserves it non stop workrate and great finishing .With campbell now at the smokies would not be surprised if big Templeman is their next season,but am still hopeful heggy can convince him to stay as he seems to be enjoying it here.

If it's true that Templeman is going to retire then he won't be anywhere next season. And I'm not sure he would move there anyway if he decides to continue. If he decides to carry on against an earlier decision to retire, it wil be because he is enjoying his football at Montrose.

There must be a chance that Ross Campbell will join his father down there next season. Fraser is a must for re-signing in this context.

Steeves has already signed for next year, a critical player for us. Would make him club captain.

must re-signs are Fraser, Webster, Pascazio, Mallagaray (most improved player of the year).

would also like to see Jamie Clarke, Ryan Ferguson, Masson and Ryan Kenneth retained. I assume Ross McCord will return, not sure for Watson.

For me the manager should look to reatin a core of 8-12 players before the end of the season and go next year with a squad of 20 or so. Key priorities will be a gk (I assume Jordan will go back to the Johnnies or look to play in a higher league if released), another centre half, and more bodies up front. Before Templeman signed we were a bit thin up front. For that reason as much as any I hope PH can persuade him to turn out for a final season at LP, rather than daunder off for his pipe and slippers or one last hurrah elsewhere.

Steeves has already signed for next year, a critical player for us. Would make him club captain.

must re-signs are Fraser, Webster, Pascazio, Mallagaray (most improved player of the year).

would also like to see Jamie Clarke, Ryan Ferguson, Masson and Ryan Kenneth retained. I assume Ross McCord will return, not sure for Watson.

For me the manager should look to reatin a core of 8-12 players before the end of the season and go next year with a squad of 20 or so. Key priorities will be a gk (I assume Jordan will go back to the Johnnies or look to play in a higher league if released), another centre half, and more bodies up front. Before Templeman signed we were a bit thin up front. For that reason as much as any I hope PH can persuade him to turn out for a final season at LP, rather than daunder off for his pipe and slippers or one last hurrah elsewhere.

Am sure jamie Clarke has signed up too for next season. 100% right steeves for captain

Would pretty much agree with this, McWalter signed on as well, possibly see the likes of Declan Milne, Lloyd Hester and Kyle McLeod given some more game time and no doubt be a few loanees In

Would pretty much agree with this, McWalter signed on as well, possibly see the likes of Declan Milne, Lloyd Hester and Kyle McLeod given some more game time and no doubt be a few loanees In

Kyle mcleod looks like a good wee player can't say I've been that impressed with declan milne when he has came on,a spell in the junior's would do them both good.I think next year heggy will be looking at his options defence wise,left back required if he sticks with steeves and a right back also a proper no nonsense centre half would be good aswell.seem to have a quite a few midfielders and with Paul watson and Ross McCord back be like two new players.Priority is getting Templeman and fraser signed up,clubs must be sniffing in about they two.

Pascazio has re-signed too.

Let's get him back to the centre of defence though. A bit of a fish out of water at right back and feel he has been mucked about a bit recently after a good first half of the season in the middle.

Happy enough with that

McLeod hasn't really had many chances in the team, but whenever he's come in he's done well.

Milne on the other hand - away to Hermes/Culter ASAP if you don't mind.

Think we have the ingredients of a good team, but haven't quite gelled it, and the 'random formation' generator has made quite a few unnecessary appearances this season....

An update regarding the quiz night on the 25th of this month. The supporters club have decided to reduce the price to £10 per team for the quiz and of course there will still be the stovies a raffle and play your cards right for a cash prize on top of the quiz prize. Please come along and support the SC after all we do find a lot more than just buses to away games

MFCSC 70th year supporting the Mo

tbf, Templeman only need to tick off Arbroath to join the pantheon of players who've played for all 4 Angus clubs. Surely a tempting opportunity?

Yeah think he mite join the smokies to be fair...

Archived