The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up for anyone interested. The supporters club is holding a quiz on the 25th of March in the legion from 7.30. £5 per person and teams up to 6. There will also be stovies and a chance at winning money on play your cards right

Is it just a case of turning up on the night? Or contact Graham in advance?

Never seen mcwalter play but I'm pretty sure we will probably have a look at him.How many loans do we actually have left?Would take iain campbell and martyn fotheringham from forfar who seem to at the end of their stay at station Park.

Never seen mcwalter play but I'm pretty sure we will probably have a look at him.How many loans do we actually have left?Would take iain campbell and martyn fotheringham from forfar who seem to at the end of their stay at station Park.

I could be wrong but is a club not only allowed to have 4 players on loan at a time? Which for us would be Millar, Martyniuk, Comrie and Tokarczyk? That being said, if Tokarczyk is as bad as is being suggested I'd hope we can sent him back.

Nice one, couple of the lads are flying back from the Czech Republic on that day so provided they are back on time, I'll have a team in

Nice one. Gonna make some posters up this weekend for it. Would be great to have plenty of supporters there but anyone and everyone is welcome.

MFCSC 70th year supporting the Mo

I could be wrong but is a club not only allowed to have 4 players on loan at a time? Which for us would be Millar, Martyniuk, Comrie and Tokarczyk? That being said, if Tokarczyk is as bad as is being suggested I'd hope we can sent him back.

The three from the saints are development signings and i thought they were different to actual loan signings.... Could be wrong though.

All the above aside, the next 3 weeks will define our season. 6 points and I would be a happy man. We can't rely on any other teams doing favours, and the advent of the bottom playoff has already has made a difference with the competitive nature of the whole league.

I feel all clubs are spending more to ensure their survival and when one does drop out, whoever that is, that may well be all she wrote for them.

The problem I have with the pyramid system in Scotland is how it is such an Easter Road pitch. Montrose has far more to lose from relegation than a central belt team or even the likes of Elgin, Annan and Berwick. Why should clubs with some oil wealth backer that pays big wages but does diddlysquat ground improvements be allowed to gain promotion? I don't see a Formartine or a Brora doing anything more for the game than Gretna did. Ross County is one example of a rich man's plaything, which turned out OK but realistically how sustainable are these rising star clubs who are threatening us no ambition dead wood 137 year old non-entities with oblivion?

On another matter, pleased to see Montrose being able to buy Links Park back from Bryan Keith. Only hope we survive the 15 years that's scheduled to take.

On another matter, pleased to see Montrose being able to buy Links Park back from Bryan Keith. Only hope we survive the 15 years that's scheduled to take.

What's the crack with this - yearly installments and then the ground is yours in 15 years time then? Does this mean at that point you would keep 100% of the income from the pitch rental? What is the current agreement like regarding the ground - do Mo make no cash off pitch rental and pay a rent themselves?

Either way, it sounds like a huge positive, 15 years is a long time but long term planning is required and this could make a huge difference in the longer term if it enables the club to bring in a lot more income each week.

Must just mention Ross Campbell in here. He was exceptional in the fight back againat Annan last week and again thtoughout the game against Elgin yesterday. He's had a bit of stick previously and couldn't really complain about that but it looks like that was out of frustration. Having Templeman in there now gives us an option we've lacked for a long time and it's made such a difference up front both to Gary Fraser and Ross Campbell. More than that it gives the midfield more options too and the more the ball is up top your defence is less under pressure and can keep their shape better.

Temps is not a fast mover by any means but he can hold the ball up, he's an option for long throw ins, he occupies the opposition defence for crosses and set pieces, he gives space and options for Gary Fraser and others to run into and after yesterday, he can score goals as well.

Must just mention Ross Campbell in here. He was exceptional in the fight back againat Annan last week and again thtoughout the game against Elgin yesterday. He's had a bit of stick previously and couldn't really complain about that but it looks like that was out of frustration. Having Templeman in there now gives us an option we've lacked for a long time and it's made such a difference up front both to Gary Fraser and Ross Campbell. More than that it gives the midfield more options too and the more the ball is up top your defence is less under pressure and can keep their shape better.

Temps is not a fast mover by any means but he can hold the ball up, he's an option for long throw ins, he occupies the opposition defence for crosses and set pieces, he gives space and options for Gary Fraser and others to run into and after yesterday, he can score goals as well.

Good post

Good evening my old foes , it's been a long long time but tonight s defeat looks like we re Montrose bound next season ! Looking forward to our games again ! It's all we deserve this season as we re shite

welcome ha ha.Looking forward to a trip to the glebe if you boys do come down.You will also have a trip to our noisy neighbours up the road(Arbroath)to look forward to aswell:-)

Archived