The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen O'Neil was freed from the dons before we got him,looked amazing in pre season then did jack shit.Was scott michie a loan signing?Like O'Neil I thought he was released before he came to links park could be wrong though.

Would that make him the last player on loan from Aberdeen then?

Yeah think you could be right I can't think of anyone else.Jordan reoch away back to Roselea aswell I'm hearing.

Oh dear, rabbit out of a hat comes to mind. Been there, done it and already got too many T shirts. Still think we'll get out of it but the weeks are rolling by. I think the Smokies will be OK now and I think most of their fans deep down hope we will be as well. The derby games are very much needed and for all the bleetings of other fans which other two teams are gonna pull in a near 1500 crowd in L2 this regular season?

Wouldn't want to see youze in the HL but waz definitely fun watching you shutting bricks in the play off last season. Same again.

Hopefully that is the monkey off of our back again. Let's start putting a few wins in and lift ourselves to a more sensible league position. Good to see we rise back above those down the coast.

They were allowed a win last week so the last derby match will be a win for us.

Yes. Had a great first spell under Hall in 2003/4. Buggered off to Peterhead that summer. Came back about two years later and looked a shadow of the player he had been.

After a few apathetic displays he was released, if memory serves, and seemed to drift away from the game.

Edit- just checked, he last played briefly for Peterhead in 2010 and is still only 32.

Was there another somewhat temperamental player called Michael (can't remember his last name) in the same era? I can't remember if he was from Aberdeen or not but a shoe in for the Mo all-time "some mothers do have'em" eleven, methinks.

Re. the age thing, when all of us were younger, I suppose I didn't give the kind of dog's abuse hurled at players a second thought, especially if the players seemed to bring it on themselves. Now I'm older and have children playing football, I certainly wouldn't them to have their confidence shot to bits like that. Changed world in many respects from not all that long ago. Overall, probably for the most part, for the better.

Was there another somewhat temperamental player called Michael (can't remember his last name) in the same era. I can't remember if he was from Aberdeen or not but a shoe in for the Mo all-time "some mothers do have'em" eleven, methinks.

Michael craig maybe?

Great comeback victory from Montrose yesterday. An entertaining game and thought the standard was ok for two teams in a relegation/playoff fight. It was a promising start from east Stirling but faded quickly and a big threat to go down

Very good comeback yesterday indeed.Hopefully scott buist signs and a couple of loan signings brought in this week especially another striker and hopefully we can climb the league table.As for ross campbell theirs been a few times he has gestured back to crowd after getting stick wish he would just suck it up and get on with it and get a goal to silence the boo boys.

Archived