Dundee United v Dundee

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432811395.814930.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432811407.476585.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432811419.992729.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432811437.712928.jpg

This, with jim's instant exclamation (which would be a helluva random thing to concoct on the spot) and Dundees formal reporting is enough for me to decide it's more likely he bit him than not.

Take it or leave it.

As to the racism claims, we have no formal report of the incident, no evidence (inconclusive or not) so it's not even at the nadirs word against jim's stage yet. Give me some substance to it and I'll give it the consideration it deserves. Until this point as far as I can see there is no actual racist accusation.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432811449.462077.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432811395.814930.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432811407.476585.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432811419.992729.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432811437.712928.jpgThis, with jim's instant exclamation (which would be a helluva random thing to concoct on the spot) and Dundees formal reporting is enough for me to decide it's more likely he bit him than not. Take it or leave it.As to the racism claims, we have no formal report of the incident, no evidence (inconclusive or not) so it's not even at the nadirs word against jim's stage yet. Give me some substance to it and I'll give it the consideration it deserves. Until this point as far as I can see there is no actual racist accusation. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432811449.462077.jpg

post-25521-0-58720400-1432812273_thumb.j

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone actually stopped to take stock that even by the definition of his very own first name, Ciftci is "the lowest (or most unsuccessful) point in a situation"?

It is clear to anyone that with his latest in a long line of transgressions and despicable acts of petulance and violence, combined with playing for Dundee Utd, his career truly has reached it's nadir.

Question for United fans claiming the evidence is inconclusive:

From the pictures so far, what could Ciftci have done other than bite him to cause the injury that is clearly visible in pictures taken immediately after the incident? Lick him, kiss him, wipe his nose on him?

His head is only in that position for one thing. To claim innocence because you don't physically see his teeth penetrating the skin is clutching at straws in the extreme.

Question for United fans claiming the evidence is inconclusive:

From the pictures so far, what could Ciftci have done other than bite him to cause the injury that is clearly visible in pictures taken immediately after the incident? Lick him, kiss him, wipe his nose on him?

His head is only in that position for one thing. To claim innocence because you don't physically see his teeth penetrating the skin is clutching at straws in the extreme.

It's known in Scottish football as "the Celtic approach"

If it was Henri Anier who was accused of biting someone the club would probably use it as an excuse to punt him. Similarly, Dundee would have treated Phil Roberts differently had he booted police officers on three different occasions. Dundee fans sing songs about Paul McGowan assaulting police officers, United fans call him a thug. United fans sing songs about Paul Paton punching Zaluska, Dundee fans call him a thug.

Football clubs are pragmatic and cynical as f**k. Football fans are hypocritical, subjective and will defend their own club regardless while loudly condemning others for the same offence.

In short, everyone is a c**t. Close the thread.

If it was Henri Anier who was accused of biting someone the club would probably use it as an excuse to punt him. Similarly, Dundee would have treated Phil Roberts differently had he booted police officers on three different occasions. Dundee fans sing songs about Paul McGowan assaulting police officers, United fans call him a thug. United fans sing songs about Paul Paton punching Zaluska, Dundee fans call him a thug.

Football clubs are pragmatic and cynical as f**k. Football fans are hypocritical, subjective and will defend their own club regardless while loudly condemning others for the same offence.

Although quite sensible I'm going to label this post a meltdown and nominate it for heads gone.

Thank you.

Stop being reasonable! This is a football forum. Scandal.

As much as I 100% agree with everything here, that's not my real issue. I expected United to stand by Ciftci because he is your best player, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that they're denying anything even happened and insinuating that he was provoked without backing it up or even making any formal complaint. It's madness based on the evidence that is available in the public domain, which IMO, is conclusive. It just makes United look daft to me.

I think you'll find I have addressed the alleged racism earlier in the thread.

I clearly stated if Jim mcalister and will now include any Dundee FC player (let's be honest, no one has been identified formally due to utds reluctance to formally complain) is guilty of racially abusing nadir Ciftci, consistently or even once, he should be sacked by the club.

I will however not condemn any Dundee payer until this is proven, in the same way I don't expect Utd or their fans to condemn Ciftci - I just don't expect them to publically commend him for his actions.

I think we have covered that this incident is not covered in a court of law so your pretentious use of Latin was wasted I'm afraid - the burden of proof is on the compliance officer, Jim mcalister and Dundee FC and this has been provided by the latter.

Since you had the presence of mind to google the Latin I presume you read far enough to see that this is used in cases where guilt is to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. This is not a criminal case nor a civil matter and is judged on the balance of probabilities.

In the quid pro quo (see what I did there?) nature of this forum can you answer why Utd fans racially abused Jimmy gomis during his tenure at Utd and precisely how that song was acceptable.

I would also echo my fellow Dee in stating that by not formally reporting this alleged sustained racist abuse they are supporting racism in football and not standing by their player fully.

That's him telt again.

As much as I 100% agree with everything here, that's not my real issue. I expected United to stand by Ciftci because he is your best player, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that they're denying anything even happened and insinuating that he was provoked without backing it up or even making any formal complaint. It's madness based on the evidence that is available in the public domain, which IMO, is conclusive. It just makes United look daft to me.

Aye, the statement was a mess, but then our statements usually are.

Wonder if Bennett will get more involved with us or just back away from football altogether. Few year ago seemed like he was the type that couldn't stay away from football.

Old ma McGinn produces footballers from her fanny hole. Not models.

Some loins on her. Surprised she's not been recruited to a top football academy tbf.

Top John McVeigh is a tit and shows the benefits of being a Paisley pauper who can't afford the money for a play station 3 so just sends the boys out the back for a kick about while she gets pumped aff the milkman again 8)

Archived