SNP to Abstain from Fox Hunting Vote

So if the fox hunt vote is an English matter then why are the Tartan Tories mumping and moaning about English votes for English laws??

Hypocrites

Because 18 of the "English "laws affected the barnett,but please keep on seething at the gallant 56

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I hope the SNP vote. Yes it isn't a Scottish issue but who gives a f**k?

Fox hunting is disgusting.

Yup. I want the SNP to vote against it too. Abstaining would make their stance look superficial.

Yup. I want the SNP to vote against it too. Abstaining would make their stance look superficial.

You do realise that this has got the square root of f all to do with fox hunting? The unionist types just want to see them dabble in this devolved matter to use a stick to beat them on ;)

Do Scotland not already have the system Cameron wants for England, ie as many dogs as you want to flush out the fox and a guy with a gun to finish it off?

Yip,its a devolved matter feck all to do with us

Jesusmaryandjoseph. This has heehaw to do with The Tally Ho brigade but is simply an attempt to bring English law in to line with Scotland's current practice. Of course The SNP should abstain at worse as it would deny England something that Scotland regards are perfectly legal.

SNP voting against fox hunting. Buzzing with that.

You do realise that this has got the square root of f all to do with fox hunting? The unionist types just want to see them dabble in this devolved matter to use a stick to beat them on ;)

And its already started on twitter,from the same folk that were asking them to vote a few weeks ago

I'm against both fox hunting and the vote in principle so I haven't a clue how I would vote. My old man once upon a time rode with the Angus Hunt, he never caught a a fox once and said it was more about riding about the countryside pissed then getting fired into some posh bird at the ball later on.

I just hope we know what we are doing....

Terrible decision. Either we support the devolution of "local" policy to the constituent countries or we don't. Should be abstaining as per the usual (and correct) stance on English laws.

Im still trying to weigh it up

Not convinced it's the right decision tbh. Seems a bit hypocritical for them to vote on this.

Plenty of English folk delighted with this going by social media.

Forgetting the self loathing Scots/Britnat trolls morally it's the correct thing to do.

I'm against both fox hunting and the vote in principle so I haven't a clue how I would vote. My old man once upon a time rode with the Angus Hunt, he never caught a a fox once and said it was more about riding about the countryside pissed then getting fired into some posh bird at the ball later on.

I just hope we know what we are doing....

Terrible decision. Either we support the devolution of "local" policy to the constituent countries or we don't. Should be abstaining as per the usual (and correct) stance on English laws.

Fook it im in,the gallant 56 are trying to save the poor english and welsh foxes,god bless em

Fook it im in,the gallant 56 are trying to save the poor english and welsh foxes,god bless em

So why don't they change the law here to match the current English law? It's daft for the SNP to fall for Cameron's trap on this issue.

So why don't they change the law here to match the current English law? It's daft for the SNP to fall for Cameron's trap on this issue.

Its the other way about,they have already stated that they will be using this to bring about a change in the law up here to make it tighter

ps I think they should do what the tories and labour did during the scotland bill,sit in the members bar getting smashed and then swagger through at the vote

Who says that they won't? Not precisely sure in which fantasy island Cameron can set a "trap" for the SNP, given his party's complete and utter irrelevance north of the border - care to sketch that one out?

Archived