SNP to Abstain from Fox Hunting Vote

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for illustrating the democratic deficit so succinctly

You are correct.

It's not ideal that Scotland is over-represented in MP terms compared to our population share. Fortunately our cousins in the UK are good people and don't make a big issue of it.

Thanks for pointing that out though. Decent of you.

You are correct.

It's not ideal that Scotland is over-represented in MP terms compared to our population share. Fortunately our cousins in the UK are good people and don't make a big issue of it.

Top trolling as per HB (Not really, you're a dribbling simpleton). You know full well I'm referring to the fact that even if 95% of Scotland's representatives at Westminster agree, they can still be overruled by the remainder of the UK's on matters that actually only have an effect on Scotland.

Top trolling as per HB (Not really, you're a dribbling simpleton). You know full well I'm referring to the fact that even if 95% of Scotland's representatives at Westminster agree, they can still be overruled by the remainder of the UK's on matters that actually only have an effect on Scotland.

that's the same as every other part of the UK.

Saying that they would have voted will be enough for the outraged EVEL merchants when all is said and done.

Def can't see them getting away with "aha didnae actual vote on this 1-0" anyway

You are correct.

What's wrong with that?

You are correct.

Who is responsible for the boundaries and parliamentary composition?

Yes, who would have thought that MPs representing far less than 10% of the population could be outvoted by the remainder of Parliament?

Amazing really?

Saying that they would have voted will be enough for the outraged EVEL merchants when all is said and done.

Def can't see them getting away with "aha didnae actual vote on this 1-0" anyway

That is without doubt the most cringey aspect of this whole affair.

I'd have more respect for the clown contingent if they just played the "f**k it, not bothered if they went back on their word" card. This "nuh huh. but they didn't cos" line is way way beyond pathetic.

I must have missed the push for Yorkshire Votes for Yorkshire Laws. Can you link to it?

There was a referendum last year on whether our region wished to secede from the UK and this Parliamentary system.

I can give you a link as to how that went if you like?

There was a referendum last year on whether our region wished to secede from the UK and this Parliamentary system.

I can give you a link as to how that went if you like?

And during that referendum they said we should lead the uk and we have,the mere thought of the gallant 56 voting made the torys drop there evil fox hunting bill

I must have missed the push for Yorkshire Votes for Yorkshire Laws. Can you link to it?

English voters are against regional devolution. John Prescott, when Deputy PM, proposed regional assemblies for the North East, North West and Yorkshire & The Humber in 2004. The regional boundaries were the same as those for European elections.

4 out of 5 voted No (turnout about 50%) in the North East referendum. Prescott postponed and then dropped the plans for referenda in the North West and Yorkshire. It was clear that he would lose again. You can find more information via search engines.

And during that referendum they said we should lead the uk and we have,the mere thought of the gallant 56 voting made the torys drop there evil fox hunting bill

it is going to be awkward when you find out what Scotland's law on fox hunting is.

Archived