Sign in to follow this  
RadgerTheBadger

SNP to Abstain from Fox Hunting Vote

Most of the coverage I've seen has been positive tbh.

And yes, the question is whether they'll gain or lose support from this. I'd be surprised if the answer to that wasn't gain. The only people upset about this will be Tories and/or SNP Bad types, both of whom would never (or can't) vote for the SNP anyway.

If it's Cameron's EVEL plans they want to fight it's the hardcore Tory Unionists who are concerned it would lead to the break up of the Union whose vote they need, not the progressive lefties.

Nope am happy the snp have settled into westminster life you know make a promise then discard it as soon as possible

wibble

Aye right. Because fox-hunting is so much the topic of conversation in Dundee's households right now . . .

Did anyone say that? What I did say was, that people got in touch with their MP's because they felt it was an issue they should act on.

Did anyone say that? What I did say was, that people got in touch with their MP's because they felt it was an issue they should act on.

Thousands of them you claimed...

Got any proof for that claim? Sounds utter utter lies.

If their motive is just to give the Tories a bloody nose and to remind them that they have a small majority, both of which involve sacrificing a long-held principled self-denying ordinance, why don't the SNP break another of their long-held principled self-denying ordinances concerning legitimacy and Parliamentary procedure and nominate Lords?

At least that way they could actually vote in a chamber that has an opposition majority and which can block indefinitely anything not falling within the strict parameters of the Tory manifesto. If you're going to give a bloody nose, at least make sure you actually land a punch.

Thousands of them you claimed...

Got any proof for that claim? Sounds utter utter lies.

Does it aye? Nice one.

Out of interest, in the Scottish Parliament do the SNP have rebel MSPs? So far in Westminster they seem to vote all together, tweet what they're told and basically do whatever they're told by the party.

If their motive is just to give the Tories a bloody nose and to remind them that they have a small majority, both of which involve sacrificing a long-held principled self-denying ordinance, why don't the SNP break another of their long-held principled self-denying ordinances concerning legitimacy and Parliamentary procedure and nominate Lords?

At least that way they could actually vote in a chamber that has an opposition majority and which can block indefinitely anything not falling within the strict parameters of the Tory manifesto. If you're going to give a bloody nose, at least make sure you actually land a punch.

Yes, that's a big vote winner right there... :blink:

Yes, that's a big vote winner right there... :blink:

Why is winning votes, for a party that already commands a strong plurality of the Scottish electorate, more important than using their influence to produce better policies?

Why is winning votes, for a party that already commands a strong plurality of the Scottish electorate, more important than using their influence to produce better policies?

Because they're politicians, winning votes is number 1 priority.

What would the Busted Flushes know about either a) winning votes or b) having influence? Answers in a S.A.E. plus a postal order for £5 to the Busted Flushes' Lost Deposit Fund - winner gets to stand for the party in a seat of your choice in May 2016.

was in two minds about the SNP voting this plan down but if the right-wing don't like it, it must be good. Watching the seethe from the britnats on here has made my day so well done the SNP

was in two minds about the SNP voting this plan down but if the right-wing don't like it, it must be good. Watching the seethe from the britnats on here has made my day so well done the SNP

Yep, I'm happy for them to vote on anything that produces so much right wing seethe.

Does it aye? Nice one.

So these "thousands" who have been contacting their MPs about the issue aye?

Your evidence for this even more laughable bit of nonsense than your usual drivel being... what?

I'm against fox hunting but it's obvious Frau Sturgeon is just politicking on the issue. Gnats seem happy enough with anything that upsets Dave and co so it's an easy tap in.

Yes despite all the crowing from HB and others about people supporting the SNP like a football team, you only have to go back to the first few pages of this thread to see that even the most fervent indy/snp supporters were mostly in 2 minds about this issue. Having seen the seethe generated I have to concur with your view that this was worth it.