Steven Gerrard

Some laughable comments on this thread. Anyone who can't recognise or acknowlegde Stevie G's talent or loyalty needs to give themselves a shake.

Forget Lampard and Paul Scholes, Stevies the best of the lot. Apart from goalscoring, Lampard offered nowhere as much as Gerrard did. Scholes was an exceptional passer of the ball, but how many of those were side way passes? Did he really drive his team forward like Steven did? The answer is no. Gerrard also had a better goalscoring rate than PS.

It's also worth remembering some of the Liverpool teams Stevie played in: they werent up to much. People let their hatred of Liverpool cloud their judgement of Gerrard, its incredibly sad.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Learn something new every day. Turns out "loyalty" is the word you use to describe someone bottling out of a move he demanded when the gangsters who's pockets he'd been in for years threaten to kneecap him and his father. Good to know.

Gerrard is an absolute scumbag. That his last game at Anfield was a 3-1 pumping against shite like Palace is tremendous!

Gerrard is the personification of all the bad traits of English football, talented but very selfish and greedy. Gerrard probably cost Liverpool from misplaced Hollywood passes or taking a shot when a simple pass was on.

Chelsea not signing him was the best thing to happen to them as they got Michael Essien who probably wasn't as good technically but worked harder, and went about his business the right way without making himself the centre of attention which helped Lampard to flourish.

Some laughable comments on this thread. Anyone who can't recognise or acknowlegde Stevie G's talent or loyalty needs to give themselves a shake.

Forget Lampard and Paul Scholes, Stevies the best of the lot. Apart from goalscoring, Lampard offered nowhere as much as Gerrard did. Scholes was an exceptional passer of the ball, but how many of those were side way passes? Did he really drive his team forward like Steven did? The answer is no. Gerrard also had a better goalscoring rate than PS.

It's also worth remembering some of the Liverpool teams Stevie played in: they werent up to much. People let their hatred of Liverpool cloud their judgement of Gerrard, its incredibly sad.

He certainly wasn't as good as Scholes in my view. Driving teams forward is not the best attribute in football. He didn't control games in the way that the top players do. He impacted them and changed them, took them by the scruff of the neck - but never controlled them in the way that Scholes or Pirlo did (still do in Pirlo's case).

I agree with your general point though. I've never really liked Liverpool and never really like Gerrard personally but his career has been admirable. He has a big, big handful of exceptional football moments - including one night at the very top of the game. That is impressive in anyone's book.

But let's not let the hype take over - he's been a great player, world class infact. But not the best of his generation - not by a long shot.

Gerrard is an absolute scumbag. That his last game at Anfield was a 3-1 pumping against shite like Palace is tremendous!

What? Because he sparkled some DJ? That was an unfortuante and one off incident which he deeply regrets. Steven is a compassionate human being and also a family man.

He shouldn't be judged on one incident. He should be judged on the number of good things he has done.

What? Because he sparkled some DJ? That was an unfortuante and one off incident which he deeply regrets. Steven is a compassionate human being and also a family man.

He shouldn't be judged on one incident. He should be judged on the number of good things he has done.

Certainly a family man, his sister in law knows only too well

Edit: Allegedly

He also killed a man with a trident.

Wind yer neck in m8

And rightly so. Why would you waste a talented career at a team who are going nowhere fast and who won't financially compensate you to the levels better clubs interested in your services would?

Liverpool are going nowhere fast? The Sterling kid is 20 years old, Liverpool almost won the PL last season and have had to adjust to losing Luis Suarez, they'll come again. What would a Stink Midden fan know anyway?

Some harsh comments on here about Gerrard IMO.

An absolutely fantastic player, who I think suffered a little from countless hopeless managers signing loads of bang average or just completely shite players to play alongside him.

The Gerrard v Lampard debate could go on forever. For me, Gerrard was the player with more ability but Lampard was the more consistent and played in far better teams that played to his strengths.

In Liverpool's case, other than the early Torres days and Suarez seasons, Gerrard's club career was mostly just a case of being given the ball and expected to do absolutely everything. Think Alonso might be the only class midfielder I can recall playing alongside him.

Agree with some of this BU but there have been some decent players in Gerrard's time and they did finish runners up 3 times. The likes of Michael Owen helped carry the burden in his early days but for every Hamann McAllister and Mascherano there was a Biscan, Diao and Poulsen.

Some harsh comments on here about Gerrard IMO.

An absolutely fantastic player, who I think suffered a little from countless hopeless managers signing loads of bang average or just completely shite players to play alongside him.

The Gerrard v Lampard debate could go on forever. For me, Gerrard was the player with more ability but Lampard was the more consistent and played in far better teams that played to his strengths.

In Liverpool's case, other than the early Torres days and Suarez seasons, Gerrard's club career was mostly just a case of being given the ball and expected to do absolutely everything. Think Alonso might be the only class midfielder I can recall playing alongside him.

Obviously you forget about didi hamann

Archived