Gideon's All Singing, All Dancing Budget. 8th July

I'm Brian

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Suck it up, No voters.

I am not complaining. I have already said i was pretty happy, especially with the inheritance tax issue

The only thing i would complain about would be the treatment of some of the poor

I'm saying that those who DID vote No have no right to complain about what the Tories have done to them.

Yet more absolute nonsense from you.

Lots of bitterness towards fellow citizens on display here. The whole ethos of "if you're not with us you're against us", apart from being very Old Firm like, doesn't really do much good when the people being grouped in a way to point the finger at for the Yes campaign's shortcomings, are the people who you still need to negotiate with or vote with you.

The amount of, mainly men, in their 30s 40s and 50s still huffing around like teenagers amazes me. Pretty embarrassing for them.

The amount of, mainly men, in their 30s 40s and 50s still huffing around like teenagers amazes me. Pretty embarrassing for them.

I think that's been quite amazing too. I had assumed it was just a few weapons on here, but apparently not. Seems to be a whole host of them out there.

Ouch.

It's clear there's still a few stragglers not enjoying the journey as of yet.

Perhaps Scottish Labour's evisceration next May will tempt them to climb aboard.

Pretty embarrassing to be a non-SNP supporting Unionist these days, if I'm honest.

I wouldn't take it anywhere near as far as Confi and ayrmad but I do agree that low interest savings is hardly the single biggest issue facing people at the moment. The young and/or poor have been disproportionally punished by austerity and folk not getting as good a return on their savings (which is still no good thing) isn't exactly the end of the world - comparitively speaking.

Those two do need to stop giving people sticks to beat them with though.

Fide is really losing it here, calm down before you kill someone m1+5+2

This is relatively mild by his frothing standards.

Still a decent way to go before he's forced to beg for another removal of posting privileged.

I wouldn't take it anywhere near as far as Confi and ayrmad but I do agree that low interest savings is hardly the single biggest issue facing people at the moment. The young and/or poor have been disproportionally punished by austerity and folk not getting as good a return on their savings (which is still no good thing) isn't exactly the end of the world - comparitively speaking.

I hand out coast redwoods to beat me with, the day I worry about it is the day I stop posting, it's a football forum not life or death ffs.

Yes a load of No voters were old farts, but from first hand knowledge, most of the women I work with from early 20's to mid 50's voted No. They were frightened of the change from the status quo by the headlines all over MSM, as simple as that

Yes a load of No voters were old farts, but from first hand knowledge, most of the women I work with from early 20's to mid 50's voted No. They were frightened of the change from the status quo by the headlines all over MSM, as simple as that

They were pro union, not fearties. Get with it.

Broadly this, yeah.

Any money in savings accounts is out of the flow of income (ie its not used for buying perishable/durable goods, little to no tax revenue generated from it etc.) - tbh it's probably a good thing to discourage people from saving in favour of spending in order to get the economy growing.

This actually started because AyrMoron said old people hadn't been affected by the economic conditions/austerity when clearly they have.

This actually started because AyrMoron said old people hadn't been affected by the economic conditions/austerity when clearly they have.

Exactly how much have pensioners lost over the last 7 years compared to the general population.

You're saying that not making cash on a gamble is a punishment, fcuk I must have flogged myself to within an inch of my life not getting the return I wished for when I gambled.

Archived