2016 Candidates list

Mr Bairn

Now that the GE is over and attentions will turn to candidate selections for both constituencies and the PR list next year, let's try to keep a maintained post of all of the candidates. I'm particularly interested to see which of the defeated Labour and Lib Dem MPs try to sneak into Holyrood.

If anyone knows of any candidates post them in here and I'll fire them into the OP

1. Central

2. Glasgow

3. Highlands

4. Lothians

5. North East

6. Mid Scotland and Fife

7. South Scotland

Carrick, Cumnock and Doon Valley

2. Carol Mochan (LAB)

8. West Scotland

The Carrick, Cumnock and Doon Valley Labour Candidate is someone called Carol Mochan

SNP selection has yet to take place.

Edit. I have been informed that Labour's selection process is complete

The Carrick, Cumnock and Doon Valley Labour Candidate is someone called Carol Mochan

SNP selection has yet to take place.

Edit. I have been informed that Labour's selection process is complete

I saw this on here a few times already, and there is some evidence online of Labour candidates being in place as early as March 2014 (bizarre), however I don't trust them not to nix it and start again from scratch given the recent events.

At very least I expect their list candidates to be reselected.

I saw this on here a few times already, and there is some evidence online of Labour candidates being in place as early as March 2014 (bizarre), however I don't trust them not to nix it and start again from scratch given the recent events.

At very least I expect their list candidates to be reselected.

If it is true, it would be deeply unconstitutional to deselect candidates without good reason

If it is true, it would be deeply unconstitutional to deselect candidates without good reason

Slightly OT but I hope John Mason is not selected again. It's an absolute embarrassment that he is an elected SNP politician.

A few more:

Joe Cullinane - Labour - Cunninghame South

Blair Healy - Labour - Edinburgh Pentlands

Willie Rennie - Lib Dems - NE Fife

Alex Cole Hamilton - Lib Dems - Edinburgh western

Kate Stephen - Lib Dems - Badenoch, Skye and Lochaber

Lib dem list candidates:

http://www.libdemvoice.org/scottish-liberal-democrats-announce-their-list-selections-and-for-the-second-time-in-a-row-manage-to-put-one-of-their-best-msps-in-a-more-challenging-position-43667.html

Archived