Football issues you're sick of hearing about

Estragon

The 'triple punishment' - This is a total non-issue, it's perfectly justified that players are punished in this manner. Don't want the punishment, don't deny a clear goalscoring opportunity in the box.

EPL v La Liga

Messi v Ronaldo

Wages being too high - yes, wages are high. Fans are the ones putting money into football, so if you want to shout about #amf and all that pish, feel free to boycott football until wages at the top level are reduced.

Scottish attendances being in decline - they're not

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rangers Saga.

People moaning about the same teams contesting the Champions league.

Footballers wages pish.

People complaining about players waving imaginary cards.

Celtic FC.

Sectarianism - if nobody is going to church why pretend religion is still a factor?

OF to England - tabloids way to deal with a slow news day, not happening deal with it let's move on.

Diving is cheating - aye but so is going in studs up so what's your point?

People choosing another national team - if McGeady feels Irish and wants to play for them that's a decision he is entitled to make. We gain players that way as well.

Junior clubs in the Scottish cup - maybe some day we'll enter the 20th century never mind the 21st and move beyond having separate grades and seeing clubs that belong there on merit as unwelcome intruders.

1. The St Pauli / Celtic connection - every Celtic fan has an absolute wankfest over St Pauli. They might be the ultimate anti-establishment team, but you can't say that about Celtic, who have the most important guy in Scottish football in their midst and every "celebrity" seems to support them. Celtic should be twinned with Chelsea and Real Madrid.

2. Stevie Gerrard - what a carry-on at the weekend about this guy. Pishingly funny that they lost.

3. Someone being an ignorant p***k and it's called "mind games". It's just being an ignorant p***k.

4. The seemingly unacceptable link with Ladbrokes sponsoring the SPFL and players getting pulled up for betting on games. Pish. I very seldom bet and Ladbrokes are a particularly distasteful company, but they came up with the best deal....we're told. If only we could pick and choose our sponsors.

5. An old favourite - teams thinking that referees are against them. Guys like Shiels when he was at Kilmarnock...FFS man, get a grip. Who could possibly develop a dislike of Killie other than an Ayr fan? The elephant in the room here is Celtic, of course. I kick my height every time they feel aggrieved at a decision. At least Deila comes out and says that these things even out over the season. He won't last.

1. Any nauseating time there is a new thread started by some new poster heralding their own idea about how all of Scottish football should be restructured and looking for our collective vindication in their 'fresh vision'.

2. The responses on said type of thread.

1. Any nauseating time there is a new thread started by some new poster heralding their own idea about how all of Scottish football should be restructured and looking for our collective vindication in their 'fresh vision'.

2. The responses on said type of thread.

14 leagues of 3 please Rachel...

but they are! especially when they win penalty shoot-outs, the swines!

Its over for another year, i think you have missed my point im sick of hearing about it because they are doing it not because i disagree

Another thing which annoys me is the fact that the media will shoe horn in any reference to the old firm they can get. Ie: Ex-Celtic youth player Kevin Cawley who now wants his Alloa team to win play offs.

- Football players being role models. If you are that weak minded that you're going to try coke because of Jake Livermore or get drunk in a strip club because of Scott Brown then that's your fault you daft c**t.

- Ownership/boardroom sagas. Interesting if it's your club but by f**k it's boring when they get onto the back pages. Rangers epitomise this but I remember the Celtic boardroom chat (Jim Kerr takeover?) and even when Eddie T was taking over Dundee Utd. So dull.

- Crowd power-wanking. Caley get shit crowds, we know.

- Sectarianism/bigotry/pro-IRA songs. Just let them sing it, who cares.

- Prices, generally. Football tickets are probably too expensive but it's clear that if you cut prices you don't get consistently increased crowds - if Caley halved our prices we wouldn't double our gates for example. In the scheme of things £20-odd isn't much and football is brilliant so pay it. Also, these hatchet faced idiots who appear in the press to complain about shirt prices - just don't buy your fat ugly children everything they want you idiots, maybe then little Keiran wouldn't have "ADHD".

Cockwomble

Sevco

Reconstruction

Charging for playoffs

Rasellickbyrawaybigmandeilasgonnawin20inarowscottbrownisgodvirgilvanlesbian

That made me smile.

Little amuses the innocent.

Can't think of any that haven't been posted but the old 'Scottish football isn't as good as English football' isn't half tiresome. A smaller country thus has smaller attendances thus has less money to attract and develop players from a smaller place so the standard isn't as high. It's not rocket science.

Only one thing to add. Folk who think, "He got the ball/got a touch on the ball" as any sort of excuse for a bad tackle really rips my knitting. It was still a bad tackle!

Aye but they got a touch of the ball.

16 or 18 team Premier League. Make the most of what we've got. Fannying about with numbers is pointless.

Video referees. Ball crosses the line bleeper goes off, fine. Anything else people can't agree on decisions after replays anyway.

Sevco not Rangers. As far as I'm concerned it still looks and sounds like the same old horrible c***s.

Safe standing. Just do it. People stand anyway without any problem.

Any trivial crap about the OF

Archived