Grim O'Grady

Simplistic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope things are getting easier for you. Good to see you posting highlights of the game last weekend.

Out of curiosity what was the first Spartans game you ever attended?

I can't remember who we played & also I missed the 1st 1/2 hour, I wasn't use to 2.30 kick offs. Tbh I didn't even know who was the home team luckily I liked the team in white. What 1st attracted me was the ground City Park.

I enjoyed that 3/4's of a match so much I went & got a season ticket & the rest has they say is history.

So what's your Spartans story QS?

Grimbo

Ps I won't be there Thursday I'm away but hopefully be back in time for ko on Saturday.

I can't remember who we played & also I missed the 1st 1/2 hour, I wasn't use to 2.30 kick offs. Tbh I didn't even know who was the home team luckily I liked the team in white. What 1st attracted me was the ground City Park.

Maybe this one http://www.whitehillwelfare.co.uk/news/image/215/

I enjoyed that 3/4's of a match so much I went & got a season ticket & the rest has they say is history.

Grimbo

Ps I won't be there Thursday I'm away but hopefully be back in time for ko on Saturday.

Very similar to yours. I saw my first game at City Park against Pollock in a Scottish cup replay in Oct 2008. We won the game 1-0. I was looking for a local team to support and the Scottish cup game i went to was the best game on that weekend in the minor leagues. Thankfully I made a good choice!!

After this I went to a few more games that season and saw the last game at City Park against Edinburgh City in May 2009. After this I got a season ticket for the following season and have been going to games ever since as often as I can.

I will hopefully be down tomorrow and buying my season ticket for the season ahead.

Grimbo

I probably did the same Grimbo ... looking for a local team to support went to Spartans first thought this is pretty pish, quite liked Craigroyston but then I heard this noise in the distance. Jumped on the 31 bus and the rest is history :)

Very similar to yours. I saw my first game at City Park against Pollock in a Scottish cup replay in Oct 2008. We won the game 1-0. I was looking for a local team to support and the Scottish cup game i went to was the best game on that weekend in the minor leagues. Thankfully I made a good choice!!

After this I went to a few more games that season and saw the last game at City Park against Edinburgh City in May 2009. After this I got a season ticket for the following season and have been going to games ever since as often as I can.

I will hopefully be down tomorrow and buying my season ticket for the season ahead.

Nicky Walker scored the winner and Kingy sent off near the end of the game.

Archived