Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm anaspeptic, frasmotic and even conpunctuos to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Bonus points for quoting Blackadder. Always bonus points for that.

Wibble.

I'm in the middle of a report as to why the SNP did not win south and tactical voting is exactly the reason why.

Any chance it can be posted here or is it strictly internal stuff?

Will the same reports be made for DCT and O&S?

An Ashcroft poll at the start of April had 36% SNP and 34% Tory. One at the end of April had 42% SNP and 31% Tory. So I was actually quite shocked that Mundell held on.

OK. Must have missed that one.

The Tory vote only slipped by 800 or so, and it'd be odd to call Lib Dems voting for Labour "tactical" in a seat they only lost by 216 votes in 2010. Bad press for the SNP candidate got Murray in by default. I don't think there's a case for tactical voting to have played a part in any seat at all in Scotland.
I'm in the middle of a report as to why the SNP did not win south and tactical voting is exactly the reason why.
Oops.

I still don't think it was tactical voting in Ed South. It may have contributed but the media attack on Neil Hay I think did more damage, especially against the coffin dodgers lovely old folk of the area.

I still don't think it was tactical voting in Ed South. It may have contributed but the media attack on Neil Hay I think did more damage, especially against the coffin dodgers lovely old folk of the area.

So Mr Rational who was heavily involved in the campaign and is writing a report says TV was a major cause and you say it wasn't. Who is a more informed source I wonder....

So Mr Rational who was heavily involved in the campaign and is writing a report says TV was a major cause and you say it wasn't. Who is a more informed source I wonder....

Just my tuppence worth, auld yin.

There were 2637 votes in it at the end up, Murray got 39.1% of the vote, Hay got 33.8%

The Ashcroft poll of April 20 was:

SNP 37% (+29)

Labour 34% (-1)

So obviously votes were lost somewhere. MY opinion is that tactical voting was a shambles. Why did it work in Edinburgh South and nowhere else?

Edinburgh South was also the only constituency where the SNP candidate was subjected to a prolonged attack from the Daily Mail, Daily Record, Scotsman et al.

Just my tuppence worth, auld yin.

There were 2637 votes in it at the end up, Murray got 39.1% of the vote, Hay got 33.8%

The Ashcroft poll of April 20 was:

SNP 37% (+29)

Labour 34% (-1)

So obviously votes were lost somewhere. MY opinion is that tactical voting was a shambles. Why did it work in Edinburgh South and nowhere else?

Edinburgh South was also the only constituency where the SNP candidate was subjected to a prolonged attack from the Daily Mail, Daily Record, Scotsman et al.

And I'm not saying the media's over reaction to the SNP candidate's tweets wasn't an issue.

I'm staying well out of this now. There's loads of other reasons so technically, both are correct and I'm saying no more as I can't hold water.

Argue away please.

Open the floodgates! We're all pals here!

Archived