Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It used to be a big thing for a newspaper to back the SNP in an election - how times have changed

_89501557_sun.jpg

Who are these people who still buy daily papers? I assuming every one of them are over 40.

Yes, I am Ally McCoist.

Going by the posters I've seen up in windows, the SNP are all powerful in Kirkcaldy. Will be interesting to see if this is how it turns out.

It used to be all Labour posters that were up. Haven't seen one, or one for any other party.

Going by the posters I've seen up in windows, the SNP are all powerful in Kirkcaldy. Will be interesting to see if this is how it turns out.

It used to be all Labour posters that were up. Haven't seen one, or one for any other party.

There were loads of yes posters up everywhere during the referendum campaign and they lost by 500000 votes. That's not to say the SNP won't win in Kirkcaldy (they surely will)

There were loads of yes posters up everywhere during the referendum campaign and they lost by 500000 votes. That's not to say the SNP won't win in Kirkcaldy (they surely will)

No they didn't.

right.....my mistake, they won.

They lost but I don't recall the margin of difference being 500,000. It wasn't within 100,000 of that figure. Your calculator must be from Seville.

Kirkcady thats were Gordy Broon had to slink out the back door when the at the last election the count wasnt going the red tories way :lol:

Hopefully he can spend time with his family (popular with politicians) and get back to Starks Park on a more regular basis.

Kirkcady thats were  Gordy Broon had to slink out the back door when the at the last election the count wasnt going the red tories way :lol:

Yeah that actually happened didn't it. Went along to the count then disappeared once it became obvious that the seat was going to the SNP. What a craven coward of a man.

I was just thinking that. It's great to see a defender of the poor and downtrodden lending his support to the SNP.... or maybe he just doesn't like Labour. Despite Hillsborough and the miners strike I'm sure the SUN is a great friend to Scotland these days.

I detest the sun and everything they stand for, which is certain ly not support for the SNP. However, they always want to be seen to be backing the winners, plus they hate the labour party so it was always going to be SNP

I detest the sun and everything they stand for, which is certain ly not support for the SNP. However, they always want to be seen to be backing the winners, plus they hate the labour party so it was always going to be SNP

Then fair do's tae them :lol:

They lost but I don't recall the margin of difference being 500,000. It wasn't within 100,000 of that figure. Your calculator must be from Seville.

Around 380000,hopefully the figure has now been rounded to your satisfaction.

The sun much like hb always claims to have backed the winner

Did the Sun not back the SNP in the Scottish edition and scare voters in the English edition that a vote for Labour would mean the UK being ruled by the vile Jocks, in the General Election?

Did the Sun not back the SNP in the Scottish edition and scare voters in the English edition that a vote for Labour would mean the UK being ruled by the vile Jocks, in the General Election?

The Sun is a vile publication and its owner is a vile individual. Sturgeon is in a very difficult position when the Sun backs the SNP, the best thing she can do is take a neutral stance but answer specific questions honestly if asked.

Archived