Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are clearly discussing cases where a decision has been taken that adoption is in the best interests of the child. The alternative is not being adopted.

There are a number of alternative permanence arrangements to adoption. All of which can be and are carried out by same sex couples.

Again these are absolutely preferable to the alternative.

Well you clearly did not phrase this very well then.

I support same sex couples being able to foster and adopt. I also accept and tolerate the notion of other people holding an alternative view and feel it is unreasonable to generalise with words like "bigot".

Does that make me a bigot?

The word is being thrown about in an incendiary manner and this always brings things to a head.

But there are things that are not negotiable. Just replace same sex with black or mixed race couple and see what I mean.

I support same sex couples being able to foster and adopt. I also accept and tolerate the notion of other people holding an alternative view and feel it is unreasonable to generalise with words like "bigot".

Does that make me a bigot?

No, it makes you stupid, unless you can come up with any reasons other than bigoted ones why adopted children would be worse off with same sex partner parents.

No, it makes you stupid, unless you can come up with any reasons why adopted children would be worse off with same sex partner parents other than bigoted ones.

Top of my head. 

Mineral deficiency

Increased bullying

Less fund to care for baby /child

Increased arguing. 

Being against adoption and fostering by gay couples is both evidentially and ideologically bigoted.

You know, being quick to label anyone sexist, racist, homophobic, Nazi or bigoted without any kind of meaningful proof to back it up is bigoted. I've seen plenty of evidence of you doing this in other threads. In the past these would have been serious things to be accused of, but nowadays it means nothing coming from most people. Of course, we shouldn't conflate making bigoted statements and actually being a bigot. 

But that's not my opinion. My opinion is the opposite. Did you not understand that?

I did. There's no evidence that adopted children have worse outcomes by being adopted by same sex couples, so the only reason people can have against gay adoption is that it's wrong because being gay is wrong, or at least being gay and bringing up children is wrong. Either way I would call it bigotry. Calling it just an opinion doesn't change that.

Archived