Your Teams Best Result in Europe?

NoPapacNoParty

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Cutting edge patter.

For me it's either Lyon or Moscow Dynamo in 1972.

I would have said the 72 final, but I wasent born at the time and have not seen much footage. Lyon away and that whole cup run was incredible.

Sports Direct FC pretending they ever played in Europe what a laugh your next European game will be your first but only if you repay what you owe to Uncle Mike when is the next wages bill due and will newco be like deadco and destroy every city they visited like Manchester Barcelona 1972 where you pillaged a cathedral and raped hundreds of nuns the only team in world football who got presented with a trophy in a toilet also Queens will destroy you on Sunday the 2nd biggest wage bill in Scotland and you only scraped to third in the Championship and they should be worried that Dave King the South African criminal is now going to rook the naive glory hunters at their asbestos-ridden dump all they want is a sugar daddy.

I think that covers most of the bases.

Best game for us in Europe? Destroying Bayern Munich 2-0 at Ibrox after a 1-1 draw in Munich. A Bayern team with Maier, Beckenbauer, Breitner, Schwarzenbeck,, Hoeness and Gerd Muller reduced to arguing among themselves.

After that, beating Dynamo Moscow was business as usual.

Edited to make my opening paragraph more readable by the slow of brain and infirm of eye.

Covered by my post. I guess you auld yins hadn't yer reading specs on ;)

Not really, just wanted to emphasise how the fans tainted their greatest achievement rather than try to gloss over with with an attempt at humour.

Not really, just wanted to emphasise how the fans tainted their greatest achievement rather than try to gloss over with with an attempt at humour.

Was a pitch invasion in '72. Surely you cant suggest Bournemouth tainted their promotion by invading the pitch.

Back on topic, obviously most would cite Gothenburg, but for me Aberdeen 3 - 2 Bayern Munich 16/3/83. to come back from twice behind, let alone away goals....possibly the most magic night ever at Pittodrie

Rosenborg 0-1 St Johnstone last season in Tommy Wright's first game in charge.

I was behind the goal the Frazer Wright scored into and I just remembered looking over at our fans and seeing them all go mad.

It was also a bit mental in the open zone after the game as some of our fans got in and were singing as the local TV tried to record stuff.

Archived