Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of whether he is electable or not, it's an important victory because it will shift the centre ground back to the left slightly. Continual chasing of the centre ground like New Labour means you are basically following where the right take you and being a 'light' version of it. This has led to the current centre ground being way to the right of where it was 10-15 years ago.

Even if Corbyn proves to be unelectable he will at least pave the way for a more electable left wing candidate in the future.

Michael Foot and other diddies didn't "shift the centre ground" anywhere other than to the right in the 1980s. Nor did William Hague or Iain Duncan Smith do the same as Tory leaders. Party leaders without a credible chance of gaining popular support only make it easier for the incumbent to shift the centre towards their politics. Fairly straightforward stuff tbh.

Corbyn may shore up the Labour vote in northern England where it has been sliding to UKIP, but cannot win power on that basis. So he'll be shit, probably knifed by his party anyway, and will continue the process of Labour's terminal decline.

I think a year or two ago this would be a good move by labour. It's far too late for them now as they have to compete with an SNP Scotland and a Tory England. How Corbyn reacts with the public will be key here. FWIW I agree with what Corbyn stands for but could never vote labour as I have no trust in them, and I feel alot of people will be the same. Corbyn has a task on his hands to remove this mindset and shift labour back left without being shafted.

No she will hold an opinion but either way she will get criticized thats the point i was making.

If a politician isn't prepared to have an opinion on a certain issue for fear of being criticized, then they should probably rethink their career. If you know how to back up your views, then you should be able to cope with people who try to paint you as the bad guy. There is nothing wrong with changing views on issues over time, as long as it's not constantly changing. As that is even worse than a politician who never changes their views.

If you are here just to talk about your club, please don't.

This is a politics forum and yes I know Sevco Scotland supporters like to drag up their politics on football forums and in football grounds but it really is tedious for the rest of us.

If you care to read back just a few posts you will find that I was trying to get things back on topic. It was the off topic tedium that annoyed me in the first place.

If you care to read back just a few posts you will find that I was trying to get things back on topic. It was the off topic tedium that annoyed me in the first place.

The thread was already back on topic.

The last two pages there is no evidence of you trying to get the things back on topic, 8 posts that have nothing to do with the thread, two of which were just insults.

Speaking of back on topic, I asked you a question this morning, do you wish to answer?.

It's an opportunity for you to get yourself back on topic.

The thread was already back on topic.

The last two pages there is no evidence of you trying to get the things back on topic, 8 posts that have nothing to do with the thread, two of which were just insults.

Speaking of back on topic, I asked you a question this morning, do you wish to answer?.

It's an opportunity for you to get yourself back on topic.

I came onto this thread, as you did, to get an update on thoughts of Corbyn's leadership win. Not a Sevco debate.

Anyway.

My views on Corbyn are that he'll be up against it. Even his own deputy is saying that his view of the party is completely different to Corbyn's. David Cameron already saying Corbyn is a threat to national security. Mandelsohn and Blunkett saying Corbyn will make the party unelectable. Seven shadow cabinet members stepping down. All in the first 24 hours. I'm sure things will settle down but Corbyn's anti trident, anti austerity and anti NATO line will really shake up the whole of the UK's politics. And about time too.

I came onto this thread, as you did, to get an update on thoughts of Corbyn's leadership win. Not a Sevco debate.

Anyway.

My views on Corbyn are that he'll be up against it. Even his own deputy is saying that his view of the party is completely different to Corbyn's. David Cameron already saying Corbyn is a threat to national security. Mandelsohn and Blunkett saying Corbyn will make the party unelectable. Seven shadow cabinet members stepping down. All in the first 24 hours. I'm sure things will settle down but Corbyn's anti trident, anti austerity and anti NATO line will really shake up the whole of the UK's politics. And about time too.

I wonder where these shadow cabinet members are going, the lib dems?. Could be interesting to see how things might change for Labour on the subject of independence as well because this is still the big word on everyone's minds up here in Scotland after the General Election.

Its all speculation just now Corbyn will do this and Corbyn will do that, he will need to rebuild the Labour Party first and this would mean bringing in people he can work with. Items like being anti NATO or anti austerity he will need to find out if they are workable within reason or will his own personal views be set aside to work with more center ground colleagues?

Wit in the name o f**k?

Firhill road says 'Rangers died'

I said ' your team have hardly lived'

Are you havin a laugh or what?

funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window_large.

But Rangers did die. The Jags have been living for 139yrs. Quite a life!

Not sure why you would have a pop. Thats all

A holding company is still in the process of liquidation. Rangers Football Club have an uninterrupted history of 143 years. What did happen to Rangers though was, from a fan's point of view, devastating. And I and many others went through a helluva lot in the process. So to see frivolous comments about how funny it all was provokes a reaction and I reacted.

All of this also had absolutely f**k all to do with the Labour leadership.

Can we get back to that now?

Archived