Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You've referred to this 'resignation' before and never been able to substantiate it - probably because it never happened. Maybe you can post a link to it. Shouldn't be too hard for the most influential poster on P&B.

I'm going to do no such thing with my free time - I'll let you twist in the wind some more instead.

Better luck next time.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've referred to this 'resignation' before and never been able to substantiate it - probably because it never happened. Maybe you can post a link to it. Shouldn't be too hard for the most influential poster on P&B.
I'm going to do no such thing with my free time - I'll let you twist in the wind some more instead. Better luck next time.
In other words you're making it up. No surprises there then.

Liz Kendall emerging as the Blairite candidate, Andy Burnham as the union candidate. No one really knows who Mary Creagh is, and Yvette Cooper is the female Ed Balls.

I think Burnham wins it although Kendall is a bit of a wid IMO

Kendall will be photographed on a horse with a baton, miming hitting some miners by the end of the campaigning period. Less an unreconstructed Blairite as an unreconstructed Thatcherite. That she's even in with a shout shows quite how gloriously Labour are getting this wrong.

Kendall will be photographed on a horse with a baton, miming hitting some miners by the end of the campaigning period. Less an unreconstructed Blairite as an unreconstructed Thatcherite. That she's even in with a shout shows quite how gloriously Labour are getting this wrong.

Liz Kendall to punch UK's last coal miner

Hobbs said: “She’s Labour, so I’m sure it’s for the best.”

That reads like a 2.50 a.m. post right enough. :lol: The people in Scotland are fortunate to have a high profile, credible alternative to vote for; those in England and Wales don't. Your comment about pleas for sympathy is bizarre, maybe you can re quote one of these for me to see. One thing is certain, there are still many well intentioned people in the Labour Party; they've allowed their party to be hijacked and there numbers are smaller than ever before and they may struggle to ever win back control. More so now that there is so little to attract new, younger members with more radical views. Your disregard for the many outwith Scotland who voted for the only party that they thought could defeat the Tories and, like many in Scotland, will now pay the price is testament to your immaturity. The hardship that many will suffer due to a number of circumstances, not the least being Labour's demise, is a very stark reality. Your 'it deserves them right' attitude shows that you are not really interested in the effects of what has happened; you treat it more as a game.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Still at least it will help Scottish independence, like the last 5 years resulted in a Yes vote last year. And at least a previous Labour government voted for an Iraq war which proportionately (and I believe numerically despite having less M.P's) more Tory M.P's voted for. At least Labour campaigned for a No vote, which the Tories did as well. People don't seem to understand that this isn't football, this isn't local rivalry. This is real life. This is real.

• 3 weeks later...

15% of Labour MPs backed Jeremy Corbyn.

25% of the time on the hustings and in leadership events will be focused on him.

I really don't think this is a great thing for Labour.

Archived