Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still wouldn't want them anywhere near SNP. As fun as it's been to watch McCluskey undermine the shit out what was left of Murphy's credibility, I still wouldn't the shape-shifting, self-serving p***k anywhere near the SNP.

I very much doubt there's be any sort of new alignment. Labour are different because a hundred years ago they actually were the party of the trade unions, literally. That's never been true of the SNP.

Down south there is no alternative though.

If you don't vote Conservative or Labour you are mostly left with voting Lib Dem who broke every promise they made in the coalition, and at the moment are an utter shambles.

The other options are Green or UKIP, both of which have policies which can be off putting to people who might want to take a stand and is likely to be a bit of a wasted vote.

None of them are very appealing are they? If we didn't have SNP up here we'd be fucking stuck for a decent party to vote for.

The whole fucking point of a democratic system is that if the 'options' are shit, the onus is on the citizens to do something about it. The SNP's landslide was not a stroke of good fortune, but the result of a substantial portion of the electorate campaigning for radical change, joining political parties and turning out to vote.

That reads like a 2.50 a.m. post right enough. :lol: The people in Scotland are fortunate to have a high profile, credible alternative to vote for; those in England and Wales don't.

No they're not: the people of Scotland have a high profile, credible alternative because they have backed it, funded it, joined it, and dismantled the credibility of the mass media who at every turn have opposed it as a rising force in Scottish politics. That's how a functioning political system operates.

By contrast, the whining so-called 'left-wing' in England and Wales have done absolutely f**k all, other than blithely continue with the delusion that Labour is a palatable alternative in a two-party system that they refuse to question at all. The onus is entirely on those voters to do something about their failed politics.

One thing is certain, there are still many well intentioned people in the Labour Party; they've allowed their party to be hijacked and there numbers are smaller than ever before and they may struggle to ever win back control.

If that were the case then they should have left to set up an alternative party - they've only had twenty years to do so. What have they done about it? Nothing.

Looks like they prefer the safe seat/councillor junket instead, so they're not at all "well intentioned". And that's before we even start with their one-nation, British nationalist, "too wee, too poor" stance on Scottish independence. Another "well intentioned" policy, I'm sure, from life's losers south of the border.

Your disregard for the many outwith Scotland who voted for the only party that they thought could defeat the Tories and, like many in Scotland, will now pay the price is testament to your immaturity. The hardship that many will suffer due to a number of circumstances, not the least being Labour's demise, is a very stark reality.

Erm yes, because as well know, Labour in government from 1997 to 2010 was a golden age of progressive taxation, clampdowns on tax avoidance and great concern about endemic poverty and decline within communities. Their 2015 manifesto was a topper, being wedded to, erm, further austerity. Labour committed itself to many of the spending cuts initiated by the Coalition, so stop running with the myth that Labour in government would be materially benefiting anyone other than themselves.

The only thing being given away here is your geriatric conception of politics, because absolutely no-one in the younger generations in Scotland is buying your Labour-sympathising shite any more.

No they're not: the people of Scotland have a high profile, credible alternative because they have backed it, funded it, joined it, and dismantled the credibility of the mass media who at every turn have opposed it as a rising force in Scottish politics. That's how a functioning political system operates.

By contrast, the whining so-called 'left-wing' in England and Wales have done absolutely f**k all, other than blithely continue with the delusion that Labour is a palatable alternative in a two-party system that they refuse to question at all. The onus is entirely on those voters to do something about their failed politics.

If that were the case then they should have left to set up an alternative party - they've only had twenty years to do so. What have they done about it? Nothing.

Looks like they prefer the safe seat/councillor junket instead, so they're not at all "well intentioned". And that's before we even start with their one-nation, British nationalist, "too wee, too poor" stance on Scottish independence. Another "well intentioned" policy, I'm sure, from life's losers south of the border.

Erm yes, because as well know, Labour in government from 1997 to 2010 was a golden age of progressive taxation, clampdowns on tax avoidance and great concern about endemic poverty and decline within communities. Their 2015 manifesto was a topper, being wedded to, erm, further austerity. Labour committed itself to many of the spending cuts initiated by the Coalition, so stop running with the myth that Labour in government would be materially benefiting anyone other than themselves.

The only thing being given away here is your geriatric conception of politics, because absolutely no-one in the younger generations in Scotland is buying your Labour-sympathising shite any more.

:lol: Such vitriol. Have you sobered up yet?

To deal with your last point first, you're really not in a position to speak for Scotland's younger generation; the views you post here are purely your own opinion.

As for the rest of your rant; we are all shaped by our own life experiences, that's why I sympathise with those in England who will suffer under the Tories whilst you just want to complain about them brining it upon themselves. Your interest in politics is nothing more than abstract, maybe that will change as you mature.

BTW your two day 'campaign' of red dotting various of my posts was pitiful.

None of the candidates really excite me. They should make a bid for Caroline Lucas.

I was going to suggest Harry Redknapp had been linked with the position, but I'm not sure "closing tax loopholes" is a platform he'd be particularly comfortable running on.

I was going to suggest Harry Redknapp had been linked with the position, but I'm not sure "closing tax loopholes" is a platform he'd be particularly comfortable running on.

He'd be our first wheeler-dealer Prime Minister.

I can just imagine him leaning out of his Range Rover window on Budget Day announcing that he's offered to swap the NHS for Panama's Navy, Fiji's Police Force and Niko Kranjcar.

:lol:

Owen@microcuts_22 · 9h 9 hours ago

I'm pleased that Tristram Hunt will be standing. A staunch centre-right Oxbridge type was just what the Labour leadership race was lacking.

Tristram Hunt has said he is not running according to Sky News.

:lol: Such vitriol. Have you sobered up yet?

To deal with your last point first, you're really not in a position to speak for Scotland's younger generation; the views you post here are purely your own opinion.

How many of Scotland's younger generation have been shedding crocodlie tears for northern England in the past two weeks?

Approximately zero: because they're not Red Tory sympathising dinosaurs like yourself.

As for the rest of your rant; we are all shaped by our own life experiences, that's why I sympathise with those in England who will suffer under the Tories whilst you just want to complain about them brining it upon themselves. Your interest in politics is nothing more than abstract, maybe that will change as you mature.

I'm not complaining about their choice of representation: that is their decision and responsibility. I've taken issue with your laughable assertion that they are 'unlucky' to have a choice of piss-poor parties in their constituencies, or that Labour represented any form of meaningful alternative from an austerity agenda. It's telling that in the tedious rap lecture provided here that you failed to refute any of those points that completely dismantled your claims.

And for the record, my views are actually shaped by evidence, facts and reason: not the mystical 'life experience' dredged up by irrelevant old people when they have categorically lost the argument. Unlucky.

BTW your two day 'campaign' of red dotting various of my posts was pitiful.

I red dot shit posts - which I believe is the point of the system - and your posts are shit. Deal with it.

How many of Scotland's younger generation have been shedding crocodlie tears for northern England in the past two weeks?

Approximately zero: because they're not Red Tory sympathising dinosaurs like yourself.

I'm not complaining about their choice of representation: that is their decision and responsibility. I've taken issue with your laughable assertion that they are 'unlucky' to have a choice of piss-poor parties in their constituencies, or that Labour represented any form of meaningful alternative from an austerity agenda. It's telling that in the tedious rap lecture provided here that you failed to refute any of those points that completely dismantled your claims.

And for the record, my views are actually shaped by evidence, facts and reason: not the mystical 'life experience' dredged up by irrelevant old people when they have categorically lost the argument. Unlucky.

I red dot shit posts - which I believe is the point of the system - and your posts are shit. Deal with it.

I put your 2.50 a.m. rants down to alcohol, maybe I'm doing you a disservice maybe all your rants are just wee-laddie sillyness. Unlucky, deal with it, etc.....

I put your 2.50 a.m. rants down to alcohol, maybe I'm doing you a disservice maybe all your rants are just wee-laddie sillyness. Unlucky, deal with it, etc.....

Once again, no substance whatsoever because your argument has been torn to shreds. This has been an absolute disaster for you; probably best for you to flounce off the forum again in a flood of tears.

Once again, no substance whatsoever because your argument has been torn to shreds. This has been an absolute disaster for you; probably best for you to flounce off the forum again in a flood of tears.

You seem to be getting yourself very upset. Best leave of the bevy tonight, don't want any more 3.00 a.m. meltdowns. :(

You seem to be getting yourself very upset. Best leave of the bevy tonight, don't want any more 3.00 a.m. meltdowns. :(

Oh dear, verge of another resignation for Ol' Man Danger here.

Rest assured that you won't be missed. Again.

Oh dear, verge of another resignation for Ol' Man Danger here.

Rest assured that you won't be missed. Again.

You've referred to this 'resignation' before and never been able to substantiate it - probably because it never happened. Maybe you can post a link to it. Shouldn't be too hard for the most influential poster on P&B.

Archived