Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He was Gordon Brown's Chief Political Spokesman and he ran Andy Burnham's leadership campaign. By all accounts, he's fairly popular in the Parliamentary Labour Party so I would expect this to go down pretty badly among MPs.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was Gordon Brown's Chief Political Spokesman and he ran Andy Burnham's leadership campaign. By all accounts, he's fairly popular in the Parliamentary Labour Party so I would expect this to go down pretty badly among MPs.

The spokesman for a failed and widely-derided PM and the campaign manager of an unsuccessful leadership bidder. He sounds like a real go-getter: a John McTernan, if you will.

Tom Watson's next move will be interesting. He is arguably Dugher's closest ally in the PLP, and this decision suggests that Watson's influence over Corbyn isn't very strong. If some MPs are to lead a revolt against Corbyn, I suspect Watson and Dugher will be at the heart of it.

Looking like Benn will keep his remit. What a weak, useless tosser Corbyn is.

Well Benn did give that glorious, Earth-shattering speech - the one historians are already touting as one for the ages, and which everyone in Britain can quote stirring passages from on request.

The PLP are going mental about Dugher being fired on twitter.

Scenes. Scenes everywhere. 8)

Had anyone even heard of him before these tossers started crying about him in their hilarious bid to destroy their own party?

The PLP are going mental about Dugher being fired on twitter.

Scenes. Scenes everywhere. 8)

Labour are finished. They are self serving rats. Corbyn the weak minded tool has pandered too much to the plp eg Benn that they have no respect for him. On the other side he has failed to act on the massive mandate he had from the party to seriously change it.

It's curtains..

. By all accounts, he's fairly popular in the Parliamentary Labour Party so I would expect this to go down pretty badly among MPs.

Being fairly popular in Labour PLP's is a glowing endorsement that you're an utter cock womble.

Labour are finished. They are self serving rats. Corbyn the weak minded tool has pandered too much to the plp eg Benn that they have no respect for him. On the other side he has failed to act on the massive mandate he had from the party to seriously change it.

It's curtains..

Many years ago,when I was active in the Labour Party, the worst insult you could make or receive was being naive. No one wanted to be thought of as naive.

Sadly Corbyn is naive; and I don't mean it as an insult. He genuinely thinks he can create some sort of consensual approach that takes in the different views within the PLP. His approach reminds me of the film line (The Untouchables?) of bringing a knife to a gunfight.

There's people within the PLP that would stamp on Corbyn's head (figuratively and, possibly, literally) if they could get away with it. They don't want consensual, internal politics - they want Corbyn and his ilk destroyed.

Corbyn has a problem with the right within the PLP because they stand in the way of his vision. They have a problem with him because he stands in the way of their careers.

Many years ago,when I was active in the Labour Party, the worst insult you could make or receive was being naive. No one wanted to be thought of as naive.

Sadly Corbyn is naive; and I don't mean it as an insult. He genuinely thinks he can create some sort of consensual approach that takes in the different views within the PLP. His approach reminds me of the film line (The Untouchables?) of bringing a knife to a gunfight.

There's people within the PLP that would stamp on Corbyn's head (figuratively and, possibly, literally) if they could get away with it. They don't want consensual, internal politics - they want Corbyn and his ilk destroyed.

Corbyn has a problem with the right within the PLP because they stand in the way of his vision. They have a problem with him because he stands in the way of their careers.

Exactly, Finished

Archived